CBSE Class 12 Biology Evolution Assignment Set A. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Name one fish like reptile that evolved from land reptile about 200 million years ago?
2. For a long time, it was believed that life originated from decaying matter. What is this theory known as? Name the scientist who experimentally disproved this theory.
3. If abiotic origin of life is in progress on a planet other than earth, what should be the conditions there?
4. Name the person who proposed that population tends to increase geometrically while food production increases arithmetically.
5. Name the scientist who had also come to similar conclusion as that of Darwin about natural selection as a mechanism of evolution. Which place did he visit to come to conclusions?
SA-II (2 MARKS)
6. Explain Oparin-Haldane theory of chemical evolution of life.
7. Distinguish between convergent and divergent evolution giving one example of each.
8. What is adaptive radiation? Explain with an example.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 Biology Evolution Assignment Set A
Click for more Biology Study Material ›