CBSE Class 12 Biology Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production Assignment Set B.CBSE,CCE and NCERT students can refer to the attached file. All educational material on the website has been prepared by the best teachers having more than 20 years of teaching experience in various schools. The study material available on our website for all CBSE classes and subjects have been prepared by teachers from all over the country. All study material has been carefully designed keeping into mind the latest CBSE examination trends.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Why is inbreeding necessary in animal husbandary?
2. Name two fungal diseases of Crop plants.
3. Which product of Apiculture is used in cosmetics and polishes?
4. Semi-dwarf varieties of a crop plant were derived from IR-8. Name that crop.
5. Write two qualities of Saccharum officinarum (Sugarcane) grown in South India.
SA I (3 MARKS)
11. What is micropropagation? Why are plants produced by this technique called somaclones? Name any two food plants which are produced on commercial scale using this method.
12. What is mutation? Explain the significance of mutation in plant breeding. Give an example of a disease resistant variety of cultivated plant induced by mutation.
13. How can we improve the success rate of fertilisation during artificial insemination in aminal husbandary programmes?
14. Biofortification is the most practical means to improve public health. Justify the statement with examples.
15. What is meant by germplasm Collection? Describe its significance in plant breeding programmes.
16. To which product, following products are related (a) Blue revolution (b) white revolution (c) Green revolution
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 12 Biology Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production Assignment Set B
Click for more Biology Study Material ›