CBSE Class 12 Biology Microbes in Human Welfare Assignment Set B. CBSE,CCE and NCERT students can refer to the attached file. All educational material on the website has been prepared by the best teachers having more than 20 years of teaching experience in various schools. The study material available on our website for all CBSE classes and subjects have been prepared by teachers from all over the country. All study material has been carefully designed keeping into mind the latest CBSE examination trends.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. How does a small amount of curd added to fresh milk convert it into curd? Mention a nutritional quality that get added to the curd.
2. Why is secondary treatment of water in sewage treatment plant called biological treatment?
3. An antibiotic called 'Wonder Drug' was used to treat the wounded soldiers of America during World War-II. Name the drug and the scientist who discovered it.
4. You have observed that fruit juice in bottles bought from the market are clearer as compared to those made at home. Give reason.
5. Alexander Fleming discovered 'Penicillin, but its full potential as an effective antibiotic was established by other scientists. Name the two scientists.
6. Name the plant whose sap is used in making 'Toddy'. Mention the process involved in it.
SA II (2 MARKS)
7. Name two alcoholic drinks produced in each of the following ways.
(i) by distillation and (ii) without distillation.
8. Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) is commonly used in the conversion of milk into curd. Mention any two other functions of LAB that are useful to humans.
9. How do mycorrhizae function as biofertilisers? Explain with example.
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 12 Biology Microbes in Human Welfare Assignment Set B
Click for more Biology Study Material ›