CBSE Class 12 Biology Ecosystem Assignment Set B. CBSE,NCERT students can refer to the attached file. All educational material on the website has been prepared by the best teachers having more than 20 years of teaching experience in various schools. The study material available on our website for all CBSE classes and subjects have been prepared by teachers from all over the country. All study material has been carefully designed keeping into mind the latest CBSE examination trends.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Decomposition is faster if deteritus is rich in nitrogen and water soluble substance like sugars. When is the decomposition process slower?
2. If we count the number of insects on a tree and number of small birds depending on those insects as also the number of larger birds eating the smaller, what kind of pyramid of number would we get?
3. Differentiate between Sere and Seral communities.
4. Who are generally the pioneer species in a Xerarch succession and in a Hyararch succession?
5. Which metabolic process causes a reduction in the Gross Primary Productivity?
6. What percentage of photosynthetically active radiation is captured by plants?
7. Name the pioners of primary succession in water.
SA-II (2 MARKS)
8. What is the shape of pyramid of biomass in sea? Why?
9. Give an example of an ecological pyramid which is always upright. Justify your answer.
10. Differentiate between primary succession and secondary succession. Which one occurs faster?
11. Gaseous nutrient cycle and sedimentary nutrient cycles have their reservoir. Name them. Why is a reservoir necessary?
12. Fill up the missing links depicted as A, B, C and D in the given model of primary succession.
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 12 Biology Ecosystem Assignment Set B
Click for more Biology Study Material ›