CBSE Class 12 Biology Microbes in Human Welfare Assignment Set A . Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. How does a small amount of curd added to fresh milk convert it into curd? Mention a nutritional quality that get added to the curd.
2. Why is secondary treatment of water in sewage treatment plant called biological treatment?
3. An antibiotic called 'Wonder Drug' was used to treat the wounded soldiers of America during World War-II. Name the drug and the scientist who discovered it.
4. You have observed that fruit juice in bottles bought from the market are clearer as compared to those made at home. Give reason.
5. Alexander Fleming discovered 'Penicillin, but its full potential as an effective antibiotic was established by other scientists. Name the two scientists.
6. Name the plant whose sap is used in making 'Toddy'. Mention the process involved in it.
SA II (2 MARKS)
7. Name two alcoholic drinks produced in each of the following ways.
(i) by distillation and (ii) without distillation.
8. Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) is commonly used in the conversion of milk into curd. Mention any two other functions of LAB that are useful to humans.
9. How do mycorrhizae function as biofertilisers? Explain with example.
10. Cyanobacteria (Nostoc, Anabaena) are used as biofertilisers in certain crop fields. Name such one crop. Also, mention the names of two other microorganisms which perform the same function.
11. Which Ministry of Govt. of India had initiated Ganga Action Plan and Yamuna Action Plan? What are the objectives of these plans?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 Biology Microbes in Human Welfare Assignment Set A
Click for more Biology Study Material ›