Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 12 Biology Evolution Worksheet Set C. Students and teachers of Class 12 Biology can get free printable Worksheets for Class 12 Biology in PDF format prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools. Standard 12 students should practice questions and answers given here for Biology in Grade 12 which will help them to improve your knowledge of all important chapters and its topics. Students should also download free pdf of Class 12 Biology Worksheets prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this academic year and solve important problems provided here with solutions on daily basis to get more score in school exams and tests
Evolution Class 12 Biology Worksheet Pdf
Class 12 Biology students should refer to the following printable worksheet in Pdf for Evolution in standard 12. This test paper with questions and answers for Grade 12 Biology will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 12 Biology Worksheet for Evolution
Evolution MCQ Questions with Answers Class 12 Biology
Question- Basic unit of evolution is
Question- Which of the following is known as age of mammals
Question- Presence of NaCl in body fluid indicates that life originated in
(1) Primitive ocean
(2) Rain water lakes
(3) Salt solution
(4) All of these
Question- The epoch of human civilization is
Question- During the origin and evolution of life, key biological compounds were progressively synthesised in ocean with the help of energy obtainable from
(2) Ultraviolet light
(3) Lightening as well as ultra-violet light
(4) Combustion of certain compounds
Question- The last major evolutionary advancement among the vascular plants was the emergence of flowering plants (angiosperms) about
(1) 350 million years ago
(2) 140 million years ago
(3) 16,00 million years ago
(4) 220 million years ago
Question- The palaeontological evidences are obtained from
(1) Homologous structures
(2) Analogous structures
Question- Convergent evolution is illustrated by
(1) Rat and Dog
(2) Bacterium and Protozoan
(3) Star fish and Cuttle fish
(4) Dog fish and Whale
Question- First mammals appeared around
(1) 459 million years back
(2) 220 million years back
(3) 1600 million years back
(4) 3800 million years back
Question- Which ones are the most essential for origin of life?
(4) Nucleic acid
Question- Archaeopteryx is a connecting link between
(1) Birds and reptiles
(2) Reptiles and mammals
(3) Annelids and arthropods
(4) Amphibians and fishes
Question- Which of the following does not illustrate the phenomenon of natural selection?
(1) Industrial melanism
(2) Herbicide resistant weeds
(3) Artificial breeding
(4) Antibiotic resistant microbes
Question- Which of the following is incorrect match?
(1) Devonian period – Age of fishes
(2) Carboniferous period – Age of amphibians
(3) Ordovician period – Age of invertebrates
(4) Cretaceous period – Age of reptiles
Question- Ape like ancestors of human appear in epoch
Question- Mesozoic era is called the
(1) Age of Fishes
(2) Age of Reptiles
(3) Age of Mammals
(4) Age of Birds
Question- Which of the following arrangement of periods of the mesozoic era gives a correct sequence from the earliest to the latest?
(1) Jurassic, triassic, cretaceous
(2) Triassic, jurassic, cretaceous
(3) Permian, jurassic, triassic
(4) Devonian, permian, jurassic
Question- Evolutionary biology is the study of
(2) History of life forms on earth
(3) Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium
(4) Reproductive success
Question- The flowering plants originated in which of the following periods?
(2) Tertiary period
34. Which of the following is not the result of convergent evolution?
(1) Forelimbs of whales and bats
(2) Flippers of penguins and dolphins
(3) Potato and sweet potato
(4) Eye of the octopus and mammals
Question- The Permian period, during which the first most modern orders of insects appeared, occurred approximately
(1) 80 million years ago
(2) 150 million years ago
(3) 280 million years ago
(4) 550 million years ago
Question- Origin of life from nonliving matter is known as
(4) None of these
Question- Cretaceous period of the Mesozoic era is characterised by which of the following?
(1) Gymnosperms are dominant plants and first birds appear
(2) Dinosaurs become extinct and angiosperms appear
(3) Flowering plants disappear
(4) Radiation of reptiles and origin of mammal-like reptiles
Question- Replacement of original hard parts or even the soft tissues of the organisms by minerals is known as
Question- Which of the type of respiration probably arose first?
(1) Aerobic as it releases more energy
(2) Anaerobic as it releases more energy
(3) Aerobic as it is more complex
(4) Anaerobic as early atmosphere contained no free from of oxygen
Question- The study of the fossil plants is known as
Question- Which of the following is richest in fossil?
(4) Sedimentary rock
Question- Fossils of Archaeopteryx were found from
(1) Jurassic rocks
(2) Triassic rocks
(3) Cretaceous rocks
(4) Cenozoic rocks
Question- Which of the following can be used as an industrial pollution indicator?
(2) White-winged moths
(3) Dark-winged moths
Question- All the following are examples of homologous organs, except
(1) Arm of man and flipper of whale
(2) Thorn of Bougainvillaea and tendril of Cucurbita
(3) Eye of an octopus and eye of a mammal
(4) Brain of frog and man
Question- Amphibia first appeared in which of the following period?
Question- Excreta preserved as a fossil is called as
(2) Compression fossil
(3) Intact fossil
1. Who proposed the theory of chemical origin of life?
2. What provided energy for abiodic synthesis on primitive earth?
3. Name 2 scientists who set up a special expt. To prove oparin’s theory of origin of life.
4. What is fitness according to Darwin?
5. Bring out the difference between de vries mutations and Darwinian variations.
6. Describe the theory of Biogenesis
7. What are the different ways in which natural selection along with reproductive success results in different populations.
8. State Hardy-Weinberg principle.
9. What is adaptive radiation. Give 2 examples.
10. Explain industrial melanism
11. Trace the evolution of man
12. Name the 6 groups of plants for which Psilophyton was the ancestor.
13. Give 2 examples of evolution dur to anthropogenic action.
14. What is founder effect?
15. How does gene migration and recombination affect Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?
16. What is genetic drift?
17. Give examples of homologous and analogous organs (in plants and animals)
18. Explain the evolution of earth and first life forms.
19. Who proposed the cosmozoan theory?
20. Name the immediate ancestor of bryophytes.
21. What is the significance of Archaeopteryx?
22. Name the primates that existed 15 mya
23. What does homology and analogy indicate?
24. Name the period in the geological history when reptiles flourished
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Biology Evolution Worksheet Set C
Click for more Biology Study Material ›