Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproduction In Flowering Plants Worksheet Set A. Students and teachers of Class 12 Biology can get free printable Worksheets for Class 12 Biology in PDF format prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools. Standard 12 students should practice questions and answers given here for Biology in Grade 12 which will help them to improve your knowledge of all important chapters and its topics. Students should also download free pdf of Class 12 Biology Worksheets prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this academic year and solve important problems provided here with solutions on daily basis to get more score in school exams and tests
CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproduction In Flowering Plants (1). Students can download these worksheets and practice them. This will help them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
TOPIC:-SEXUAL REPRODUCTION IN FLOWERING PLANTS
ONE MARK QUESTIONS
1. The microscopic pollen grains of the past are obtained as fossils. Mention the characteristic of the pollen grains that makes it happen.
2. Name the type of flower which favours cross pollination.
3. Why is bagging of the emasculated flowers essential during hybridization experiments?
4. The meiocyte of rice has 24 chromosomes. How many chromosomes are present in its endosperm?
5. Why is a coconut plant referred to a monoecious?
6. A bilobed, dithecous anther has 100 microspore mother cells per microsporangium. How many male gametophytes this anther can produce?
TWO MARKS QUESTIONS
7. The flower of brinjal is referred to as chasmogamous while that of beans is cleistogamous. How are they different from each other?
8. Banana is a parthernocarpic fruit whereas oranges show polyembryony. How are they different from each other with respect to seeds .
9. Draw a vertical section of a maize grain and label i) pericarp ii) scutellum c) coleoptile and iv) radicle.
10. How many haploid cells are present in a mature female gametophyte of a flowering plant? Name them.
11. i) Write the characteristic features of anther, pollen and stigma of wind pollinated flowers.
ii) How do flowers reward their insect pollinators? Explain.
13. Draw a longitudinal section of post pollinated pistil showing entry of pollen tube into a mature embro-sac. Label filiform apparatus, chalazal end, hilum, antipodals, male gametes and secondary nucleus.
14. a) Mention any four strategies adopted by flowering plants to prevent self-polliantion.
b) Why is geitonogamy also reffered to as genetical autogamy?
VALUE BASED QUESTION
16 Your younger sister has seen a banana tree in backyard of a house. She could see the fruits but no seeds. She wants to know how a new plant of banana will be produced without seed. What will you explain to your sister?
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproduction In Flowering Plants (1)
Click for more Biology Study Material ›