Read and download CBSE Classs 12 Fashion Studies Book chapter in NCERT book for Class 12 Business Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks for 2021 chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Business Studies textbook for Class 12 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Business Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
Fashion Studies Book Class 12 Business Studies NCERT
Class 12 Business Studies students should refer to the following NCERT Book chapter Fashion Studies Book in standard 12. This NCERT Book for Grade 12 Business Studies will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Fashion Studies Book NCERT Class 12
A Manual for Practical Work in
Pattern Designing is an extensive subject which covers principles of constructions and techniques in a wider sense rather than style detail in narrow sense. It opens scope for infinite variety of styles both for regular designs and fantasy patterns. Pattern construction can be divided in two parts namely measuring correctly & knowledge of technique with which they are applied. Learning pattern making by trial and error is like learning to play music by ear.
This is a method where in body or dress form measurements are taken for developing a pattern. Following a logical stepwise procedure, the measurements are then converted into a pattern. In other words this system depends on accurate measurements to complete the paper pattern. There are limitless designs, which can be achieved for workable garments. Flat pattern making should be done in conjunction with a dress form so that as the design evolves, proportion and balance in the garment can be checked side by side. It is important to transfer the pattern on to a muslin toile (pronounced as ‘twall’) to test the fit, on a dress form or a human figure. Flat pattern cutting is now widely used because of its accuracy of sizing and the speed with which complicated designs are made Basic preparation
Results should be recorded in the recommended record/file neatly and legibly with great care. The record of exercises may be done in the following headings:
A MANUAL FOR PRACTICAL WORK IN FASHION STUDIES CLASS XI
State precisely the purpose and objectives of the practical in two or three sentences.
2. Materials and methods
The requirements like equipment, materials, etc. should be given here. Besides, methods should also be described along with principles of the techniques used.
3. Sample / Results
The paper pattern corrected after test fitting should be labeled and neatly folded and placed in a transparent envelope and attached here.
Things to be included on a pattern are:-
- Grain line
- Centre Front or Centre Back
- Style number or code number of the pattern set may be evolved e.g. AB 01 here AB identify type of the garment and 01 identify the piece number of complete set. If there are 5 pattern pieces in a garment, the pieces will be numbered as AB 01, AB 02, AB 03, AB 04 and AB 05.
- Pattern piece e.g. skirt front, skirt back, side front etc.
- Size as 32, 34, 36, or S, M, L etc.
- Cutting information - It should be clearly mentioned as to how many pieces are to be cut e.g. Cut 1, Cut 2, Cut on fold.
- Notches - Marks that are needed to help assemble garment sections correctly.
- Directional Fabrics - For fabrics which have designs in one direction such as floral print, stripes, plaid, velvet, fur etc. A symbol “cut one way” or (?) is indicated on the pattern.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Classs 12 Fashion Studies Book
Click for more Other Subjects Study Material ›