CBSE Class 12 Engineering Shaft Couplings. Students can download the specific chapters from the CBSE and NCERT text books from studiestoday.com. Please refer to the attached file to access the chapters. The books and specific chapters have been collected by the tutors on studiestoday for the benefit of CBSE students. They can access these chapters anywhere and use them for their studies.
WHAT WE HAVE LEARNT
1. Coupling are devices used to join two shafts end to end. This may be done to increase the length of the shaft or to connect shafts of different machines.
2. Flange Coupling is a type of shaft coupling which is widely used.
3. 'Flange Coupling' uses two 'Flanges' (one for each shaft), fixed with keys (sunk taper) and joined with bolts and nuts (square or hexagonal).
4. There are two type of Flange Coupling
5. 'Protected Flange Coupling' is Provided with an extended protruding ring in the flange to cover the heads of bolts & nuts, to avoid any injury from them while rotating.
6. A step of 2-3 mm on one flange and groove in the other (Spigot and socket arrangement) is also provided for good alignment.
Please refer to the link below for - CBSE Class 12 Engineering Shaft Couplings
Click for more Other Subjects Study Material ›