Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 10 Science Chemistry Displacement Reaction and Reactivity Series Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 10 Chemistry. Standard 10 students should practise questions and answers given here for Chemistry in Grade 10 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 10 Chemistry prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
CBSE Class 10 Science Chemistry Displacement Reaction and Reactivity Series Assignment. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
Objective: To study the interaction of metals namely copper, iron, zinc and Aluminium with their salt solutions and arrange them according to their reactivity.
Principle: More reactive metals displace less reactive metals from their compounds.
Example: CuSO4 + Fe → FeSO4 + Cu
Requirements: : Test tubes, CuSO4, FeSO4, Al2(SO4)3, ZnSO4, Copper wire, Iron nail, zinc granules, Al powder, distilled water, test tube rack, beakers (100 ml) etc.
1. Prepare about 25 ml solutions of copper sulphate, ferrous sulphate aluminium sulphate and zinc sulphate.
2. Take 5 ml (each) of copper sulphate solution in four different test tubes and put an iron nail to first test tube, a small copper wire to the second little aluminium powder to the third and a small zinc granule to the fourth. Keep them aside.
3. Repeat the experiment with Al2(SO4)3, ZnSO4 and FeSO4 solutions as well.
4. Wait for about 25-30 minutes and observe the change that takes place in each test tube.
5. Record your observation in the following table.
6. Write your comments/conclusions in the inference box.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 Science Chemistry Displacement Reaction and Reactivity Series Assignment
Click for more Chemistry Study Material ›