Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 10 Science Sources of Energy Assignment Set A. Get printable school Assignments for Class 10 Science. Standard 10 students should practise questions and answers given here for Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy Science in Grade 10 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 10 Science prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
Assignment for Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy
Class 10 Science students should refer to the following printable assignment in Pdf for Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy in standard 10. This test paper with questions and answers for Grade 10 Science will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy Class 10 Science Assignment
Very Short Answers
Answer : The slurry left behind is removed periodically and is used as excellent source of manure, rich in nitrogen and phosphorous.
Question : Name the component of sunlight, exposure to which may cause skin cancer.
Question : Flowing water possess which type of energy.
Question : Name one place in India where wind energy power station is installed.
Question : What is a solar panel?
Question : What type of energy transformation takes place during winding of spring of a clock?
Question : Write two differences between renewable and non – renewable sources of energy.
Question : What is the principle of solar cooker? Name two types of solar cooker.
Question : Name any two types of harmful nuclear radiations emitted during nuclear fission.
Question : What is thermal power plant? Where it is preferably situated?
Question : What is the principle of solar cooker? Give two limitations and two advantages of solar cooker.
Question : Name the fuel for hydro power plant. Mention two advantages and disadvantages of producing electricity at the hydro power plant.
Question : Explain why:
a) It is difficult to burn a piece of wood fresh from a tree.
b) Pouring dry sand over the fire extinguishes it.
c) It is difficult to use hydrogen as source of energy.
Question : What are the different types of energies obtained from sea? Explain.
Question : a) What is a principle of Biogas?
b) Explain it working in brief.
c) Draw a labelled diagram of biogas.
HOTS QUESTIONS (SOLVED)
1. Name the materials used for making solar cells.
A. Silicon, Germanium and Selenium
2. What fraction of solar energy reaches the earth‘s surface?
3. Name the process that produces a large amount of energy in the sun.
A. Nuclear fusion
4. Why is biogas called a clean fuel?
A. Because it- (i) leaves no ash (ii) does not cause pollution (iii) does not produce any poisonous gas.
HOTS QUESTIONS (UNSOLVED)
1. What is the use of black painted surface in solar heating devises.
2. Why are bio gas plants considered to be boon to the farmers? Give reason.
3. Hydroelectricity generated at a dam may be considered another form of solar energy. Why?
4. How is the slurry left over after the generation of biogas in biogas plant used?
5. Why is charcoal considered to be a better fuel than wood?
6. Why a solar cooker cannot be used for frying or making chapattis?
7. In parabolic reflector type coolers, even temperature up to 1800C- 2000C can be attained. How?
8. Modern chulahs are more efficient than traditional chulahs. Why?
9. How is hydro energy converted into electrical energy?
10. Explain, why only a part of the solar energy that strikes the upper regions of atmosphere reaches the surface of the earth?
ENERGY - ORAL QUESTIONS (CONVERSATION TYPE)
1. a) What is a good source of energy?
b) Name one good source of energy.
c) It is a renewable source of energy?
d) Is it conventional or non – conventional source of energy?
e) What other name is give to it?
f) What is a fossil fuel?
g) Name any other two fossil fuels.
2. a) Which is the ultimate source of all forms of energy?
b) Can you explain?
c) Name some renewable source of energy arising due to sun.
d) Name some non – renewable source of energy arising due to sun.
e) Why is the energy contained in fossil fuels considered due to sun‘s energy?
f) Name any source of energy not influenced by sun‘s energy.
3. a) What is the principle of nuclear energy?
b) What are the kinds of nuclear reaction?
c) Which of these can be used for destructive purposes?
d) Which of these can be used to produce energy for common use?
e) What is nuclear fission?
f) Name two substances which are easily fissionable.
g) What are these substances called?
h) What is this phenomenon of breaking up of radioactive isotopes called?
i) Name the rays emitted.
1. Which component of solar radiations produces heat?
2. Name a form of energy that can be harnessed from the oceans.
3. Name the main component of biogas.
4. Name a fuel which is considered cleaner that CNG.
5. What is common between an atom bomb and a nuclear reactor?
6. What is the main transformation of energy during working of a windmill?
7. What are the conditions to achieve nuclear fusion?
1. I am a force that cannot be created but my form may be changed.
2. I am an important part of the system that transforms that transforms K.E. / P.E. into electrical energy.
3. I have been used to produce energy for a long time and my origin is in the remains of plants and animals.
4. I used to thrown as a waste material for centuries. But I am given an honourable name and a useful work to perform.
5. I have a huge body capable of eating water from any source with a decorative head called Hydroelectric power station.
6. I resemble a fossil fuel but find use as self sustained source of energy especially in rural areas.
7. I produce a chain of reactions each step capable of producing tremendous amount of energy.
8. I am associated with nuclear reactions but deliver heat in critical conditions.
9. I am the lightest fuel with a large potential as a source of energy.
10. I deliver hot springs with taking any energy from man – made sources or sun.
1. A type of metal that allows only partial current to pass (13)
3. A device to harness kinetic energy of wind (8)
2. Vegetable and animal waste (7)
4. Process to increase percentage of fissionable material (10)
|CBSE Class 10 Science Chemical Reactions and Equations Assignment|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Acids Bases and Salts Assignment Set A|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Acids Bases and Salts Assignment Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Acids Bases and Salts Assignment Set C|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Metals and Non Metals Assignment Set A|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Metals and Non Metals Assignment Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science How do Organisms Reproduce Assignment Set A|
|CBSE Class 10 Science How do Organisms Reproduce Assignment Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Heredity and Evolution Assignment Set A|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Heredity and Evolution Assignment Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Heredity and Evolution Assignment Set C|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Human Eye and Colorful World Assignment Set A|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Human Eye and Colorful World Assignment Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Human Eye and Colorful World Assignment Set C|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Our Environment Assignment Set A|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Our Environment Assignment Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Our Environment Assignment Set C|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Assignment|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Assignments Collection|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Energy Crossword Puzzle Assignment|
More Study Material
You can download free Pdf assignments for CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy from StudiesToday.com
The Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy Class 10 Science Assignments have been designed based on latest CBSE syllabus for Class 10 Science issued for the current academic year
Yes, These printable assignments for Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy Class 10 Science are free to download and print
All topics given in Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy Science Class 10 Book for the current academic year have been covered in the given assignment
No, all Printable Assignments for Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy Class 10 Science have been given for free and can be downloaded in Pdf format
Just click on the View or Download button below, then another window with the Pdf will be visible, just click on the Pdf icon to download the free assignments for Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy Class 10 Science
Yes, apart from Science you can download free assignments for all subjects in Class 10
Our team of expert teachers at studiestoday.com have provided all answers for the practice questions which have been given in Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy assignments