Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 10 Science Chemistry Different Types of Chemical Reactions Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 10 Chemistry. Standard 10 students should practise questions and answers given here for Chemistry in Grade 10 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 10 Chemistry prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
CBSE Class 10 Science Chemistry Different Types of Chemical Reactions Assignment. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
Objectives: To study the Combination reaction of Quick lime (CaO) in water
Requirements: CaO, water, beaker, thermometer, stirrer, etc.
Points to remember:
1. CaO is a white powder
2. It reacts with water to form slaked lime [Ca(OH)2]
3. This process is called slaking of lime
4. Slaked lime is a suspension of Ca(OH)2 in water.
5. Clear solution of Ca(OH)2 in water is known as lime water
6. Slaking of lime is an exothermic reaction releasing a lot of heat energy.
7. CaO(s) + H2O(l) →Ca(OH)2(s/aq)
1. Take about 50 ml of water is a beaker and note its temperature and record as T1C
2. Add 2 spatula of CaO to it.
3. Stir well
4. Note the temperature again and record the same as T2C
5. Compare the temperature. (Which is greater? T1 or T2?)
1. Initial temperature: T1C = ………….C
2. Final Temperature: T2C = ………… C
Result: Reaction between CaO and water is an example of combination reaction and it is an exothermic combination reaction.
1. Water used may boil due to chemical reaction and hence touching the hot beaker with bare hand should be avoided.
2. Use goggles and lab coat
3. Hg thermometer should be handled with care.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 Science Chemistry Different Types of Chemical Reactions Assignment
Click for more Chemistry Study Material ›