Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2021 Set D designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 10 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 10 Social Science Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in Social Science Standard 10 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 10 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 10 Social Science Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
Social Science Sample Paper Class 10 2021
Students can refer to the below Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 10 exams. Please download CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2021 Set D
Social Science Class 10 Sample Paper 2021
1. Which power dominated the nation-building process in Germany?
Which idea, other than economic exploitation, was behind French colonisation of Vietnam?
2. State an important characteristic of the oldest Japanese book, Diamond Sutra.
State the hotly debated issue around which the novel Indulekha revolved.
3. Wind energy received in abundance in western Rajasthan and Gujrat has not been so far utilised and developed to the maximum. It falls in which category of resources?
4. Write any one prudential reason for which power sharing is desirable.
5. Identify the condition when both the parties in a barter economy have to agree to sell and buy each other‟s commodities? What is it called?
6. A group of companies in India wishes to import high quality ACs from South Korea but have to pay a huge import tax on them which would make the ACs very expensive leading to a decline their sale. Ascertain the role of the import tax in this situation.
7. Sania buys a packet of biscuits and finds detail about ingredients used, price, batch number etc. printed on it except the expiry date. Under which right of the consumers she can claim to know this information from the manufacturer?
8. Ideas of national unity in early-nineteenth-century Europe were closely allied to the ideology of liberalism. What did it mean for the middle class in France? Explain.
The French used school textbooks in Vietnam to justify colonial rule. Explain.
9. “Not everyone welcomed the printed book, and those who did also had fears about it.” Justify the statement by giving three arguments.
“Colonial administrators found „vernacular‟ novels a valuable source of information on native life and customs.” Prove the statement by giving three evidences.
10. Explain any three reasons for which the multi-purpose projects and large dams have come under great scrutiny and opposition in the recent years.
11. Mohan owns a farm in Uttar Pradesh; he wishes to cultivate either Jute or Sugarcane. He shall cultivate which crop out of these two keeping in mind the conditions required for their growth? Explain.
12. Distinguish between the Unitary and Federal systems of government.
13. “Three factors are crucial in deciding the outcome of politics of social divisions.” Elaborate upon the statement.
14. Do democracies lead to peaceful and harmonious life among citizens? Clarify.
15. Mohit is 28 years of age, has 65 kg of body weight and is 1.4 meters tall. Calculate his BMI. Find out whether he is under nourished or over weight. Why?
16. Amrita is a government employee and belongs to a rich urban household whereas Rani works as a helper on a construction site and comes from a poor rural household. Both have a crisis at home and wish to take loan. Create a list of arguments explaining who between the two would successfully be able to get the loan from a formal source. Why?
17. How can the government ensure that globalisation is fair and its benefits are shared in a better way by all?
18. Create an advertisement for an online Consumer Awareness campaign to help consumers know their rights and save themselves from exploitation.
19. Illustrate with examples that food offers many opportunities of long-distance cultural exchange.
“Even before factories began to dot the landscape in England and Europe, there was large-scale industrial production for an international market in the country side.” Elucidate.
“The function and the shape of the family were completely transformed by life in the industrial city.” Clarify the statement with regard to urbanization that happened in England in the 18th century.
20. How did people belonging to different communities, regions or language groups in India develop a sense of collective belonging? Elucidate.
How did the Non-Cooperation Movement spread to the countryside and drew into its fold the struggles of peasants and tribal communities? Elaborate.
21. Describe the significance of Textile Industry in India with specific reference to Cotton industry.
22. India has one of the largest road networks in the world, aggregating to about 2.3 million km at present. On what basis roadways have taken an edge over railways? Explain.
“The pace of change has been rapid in modern times and has impacted the ways of communication as well.” In light of the given statement explain the role of a variety of means of communication that are used in India in the currents times.
23. Women face disadvantage, discrimination and oppression in various ways even today. Assess the statement by giving five suitable arguments.
24. Political parties fill political offices and exercise political power. But they do this by performing a series of important functions. Describe any five of them.
Political parties need to face and overcome a number of challenges in order to remain effective instruments of democracy. Write about any two of such challenges while citing appropriate examples.
25. Rohan works in a bank as a clerk while Sumit works on a construction site as a labourer. Describe difference in their conditions of work and judge the benefits and drawbacks of working in the respective sectors.
Reema works as a shift technician in Mehta Textiles Ltd. whereas Shirin works as a Sales Executive in Kashvi Fashion Showroom. Identify the sectors of economy in which Reema and Shirin are working. Evaluate the role of each of these sectors in the Indian economy.
♦ MAP BASED QUESTIONS
26. Locate and label the place in the given outline political map of India: The place where the Indian National Congress held its session in December 1920.
27. Locate and label the place in the given outline political map of India:
The place where Mahatma Gandhi organized Satyagraha for cotton mill workers.
28. Locate and label the following features on the given outline political map of India:
a. Namrup Thermal Power Plant
b. Tarapur Nuclear Power Plant
Identify the following places marked on the same given outline political map of India and write their names: (0.5+0.5=1)
c. Iron ore Mine
d. Mica Mine
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2021 Set D
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›
|CBSE Class 10 Social Science Boards 2020 Sample Paper Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper Solved 2020 Set A|
|CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2019 Solved|