Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2013 Set F designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 10 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 10 Social Science Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in Social Science Standard 10 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 10 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 10 Social Science Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
1. Italy was divided into 7 states in the middle of the 18th century- Sardinia- Piedmont were under princely states – North was under Austria - Centre- was ruled by Pope and Southern region was ruled by Spain. The main leaders of Italian unification were- Victor Emmanuel II of Sardinia, his Chief Minister Count Cavour- two revolutionary leaders Guiseppe Mazzine and Garibaldi- with the help of these leaders Italy was unified – Victor Emmanuel II was proclaimed king of united Italy.
2. The First World War led to a huge increase in defence expenditure which was financed by war loans and increasing levies – Prices increased – Extreme hardships for the common people – Acute shortage of food due to crop failure – People thought that hardships would end after the war – All these helped in the growth of nationalism.
3. Civil Disobedience Movement – Colonial government began arresting the congress leaders – Arrest of Abdul Gaffar Khan – Angry crowds demonstrated in the streets of Peshawar – Mahatma Gandhi was arrested – Industrial workers in Sholapur attacked police posts, municipal buildings – Government started a policy of brutal repression – Peaceful Satyagrahis were attacked – Women and children were beaten – In such a situation Gandhiji decided to call off the Civil Disobedience Movement.
4. Proximity of jute producing areas – Inexpensive water transport – Good network of railways, roadways and waterways to facilitate movement of raw materials to mills – Abundant water for processing of raw jute – Cheap labour from West Bengal and states of Bihar, Orissa and UP – Kolkata provides banking, insurance and port facilities.(Any three)
5. Presence of big rivers – dissected relief – dense forests – frequent floods and international frontiers – Air transport has made access easier in North Eastern states.
6. Transport plays a significant role in the economy – Quick movement of raw materials and finished products – Helps in people’s mobility – Promotes National Integration – Reduces time and distance between places.
7. Judicious use of minerals – Care for the future generation – Sustainable development – Idea of ‘Save our Earth’ to be materialised.
8. Political party – Group of people who come together to contest elections and hold power in the Government – Agree on some policies and programme for the society – Political parties contest elections – put forward different policies and programmes – Decisive role in making laws – Forms and runs Government – Play the role of opposition – Shape public opinion – Provide people access to Government machinery and welfare schemes (Any three).
9. Pressure groups and movements try to win public support and sympathy by organising 3 meetings, campaigns – filing petitions – Organises strike or disrupt Government programme.
10. Lack of internal democracy – Dynastic succession – Growing role of money and muscle power – Parties do not offer a meaningful choice to the voters. (Any three)
11. Right to be informed – Right to choose – Right to seek redressal – Right to represent (Any three)
12. No need of collateral security – Reasonable interest rate – timely loans – Women become self reliant – Provides a platform to discuss and act on social issues like health, nutrition, domestic violence.
13. Art – Poetry – stories and music aroused nationalist feelings – Folk songs – folk dances created the true spirit of the nation – Karol Kurpinsky celebrated the national struggle through operas and music – turning folk dances like polonaise and mazurka into nationalist symbols – Language played an important role
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2013 Set F
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›