CBSE Class 7 English - Phrasal Verbs
Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
Phrasal verbs are usually two-word phrases consisting of verb + adverb or
verb + preposition. Study them as you come across them, rather than trying to memorize
many at once.
PHRASAL VERBS EXAMPLE
1. ask around:ask many people the same thing I asked around but nobody
has seen my wallet.
2. add up to :equal Your purchases add up to
3. blow up :explode The racing car blew up after it crashed
into the lamp post.
4. break down: stop functioning (vehicle, machine) Our car broke down at
the side of the road.
5. bring someone up : raise a child My grandparents brought me
up after my parents.
6. call something off: cancel The meeting was called off because the
manager was late.
7. calm down: relax after being angry You need to calm down
before you drive the car.
8. cheer up : become happier She cheered up when she heard
the good news.
9. cut down on: reduce You must cut down on oily foods.
10. chip in :help If everyone chips in we can finish
this project soon.
11. come across something: find unexpectedly I came across a box of
12. come forward : volunteer for a task The boys came forward to
help the poor man.
13. do away with something :discard It's time to do away with all of
these old clothes.
14. drop out :quit a class, school etc I dropped out of Science because it
was too difficult.
15. fall apart :break into pieces The box fell apart
when I tried to lift it.
16. figure something out : understand I need to figure out how to
solve this problem.
17. find out :discover How can we find out
where the man is?
18. give something up :quit a habit I am going to give
up eating oily food.
19. go ahead: start, proceed Please go ahead with your plans
to build the house.
20. hand something over :give The police asked the man to hand
over his weapons.
21. hold on:wait a short time Please hold on while I transfer your call to
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 English - Phrasal Verbs
Click for more English Study Material ›