Homographs Class 7 English Worksheet Pdf
Class 7 English students should refer to the following printable worksheet in Pdf for Homographs in standard 7. This test paper with questions and answers for Grade 7 English will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 7 English Worksheet for Homographs
CBSE Class 7 English - Homographs
Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
Tue – English
Q1. Refer to the following list containing homographs:
A homograph is a group (usually a pair) of words that are spelled the same way, but have different
meanings. They may or may not be pronounced the same way.
1. arms: part of our body arms: weapons
2. ball: round object for playing ball: a kind of dance
3. bit: a small piece of something bit: past tense of bite
4. top: highest point top: a toy that spins
5. well: satisfactory well : hole dug for water
6. bow: weapon for shooting arrows bow: bend for greeting or respect
7. can: metal container can: to be able to do something
8. fair: honest fair: complexion
9. fine: high quality fine: money paid as punishment
10. fly: insect fly: move through the air with wings
11. light: not heavy light: not dark
12. watch: a small clock worn on the wrist watch: look at
13. lie: false lie: place oneself in a flat position, rest
14. match: stick used to light fire match: equal match: game
15. miss: fail to hit miss: unmarried woman or girl
16. present: not absent present: gift
17. ring: round, circle ring: sound of a bell
18. shed: small shelter shed: get rid of
19. second: after the first second: unit of time
20. play: to participate in a sport
play: theatre item
Now, read the following sentences, then write other sentences that
changes the meaning of the underlined homograph.
1. Birds fly in the sky.
2. The mountaineer reached the top of the peak.
3. I can solve this sum.
4. I love to play with my friends.
Q2. Research more on homographs and find 4 more homographs and form 4 new
sentences with them.
Q3. You may also paste pictures of homographic words, if you wish.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 English - Homographs
|CBSE Class 7 English For All Chapters Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 7 English For All Chapters Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 7 English Direct Indirect Speech Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 7 English Direct Indirect Speech Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 7 English Informal Letters Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 7 English Proverbs Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 7 English Proverbs Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 7 English Tenses Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 7 English Tenses Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 7 English Tenses Worksheet Set C|
|CBSE Class 7 English Tenses Worksheet Set D|
|CBSE Class 7 English Unseen Passage Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 7 English Unseen Passage Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 7 English Unseen Passage Worksheet Set C|
|CBSE Class 7 English Writing Grammar Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 7 English Writing Grammar Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 7 English Writing Grammar Worksheet Set C|