Biodiversity And Conservation Study Guide Class 12 Biology Revision Notes
Class 12 Biology students should refer to the following concepts and notes for Biodiversity And Conservation Study Guide in standard 12. These exam notes for Grade 12 Biology will be very useful for upcoming class tests and examinations and help you to score good marks
Biodiversity And Conservation Study Guide Notes Class 12 Biology
• BIODIVERSITY :- It is the term used to describe the combine diversity at all the levels of biological organization.
•ECOLOGICAL DIVERSITY :- The diversity at the ecosystem level .
•ENDEMISM :- It is the condition when species confined to that region and not found anywhere else.
•GENETIC DIVERSITY :- The High diversity shown by a single species at the genetic level(distributional level .)
•SPECIES AREA RELATIONSHIPS :- The relation between species richness and area.
1. What is the approximate no of plant and animal species described so far by IUCN (2004) report?
2. Which type of graph curve is obtained when species richness is plotted against area?
3. Name a few weeds that have invaded our crop fields as alien species. Why these have become uncontrollable
4. Categorize the following into in-situ and ex-situ approaches of biodiversity conservation.
i) Botanical gardens ii) Wild life sanctuaries iii) Gene bank
iv) Biosphere reserves v) Sacred forests/lakes vi) Pollen banks
vii) Tissue culture viii) Cryo-preservation
1. Reserpine is obtained from a plant found in Himalayan ranges. Name the plant.
2. Western Ghats have greater amphibian species diversity than Eastern Ghats. Why?
3. Who proposed rivet popper hypothesis? Describe this hypothesis briefly.
4. Which type of organism are prone to co extinction and why?
1. What do you mean by bioprospecting?
2. What is depicted by the following representation of species diversity? Why these estimates do not give any figure-for prokaryotes.
3. The invasion of alien species is responsible for extinction of the indigenous species. Give
2 examples to support this statement.
4. If a speices of fish becomes extinct, all those parasites, specific to that fish also face extinction. Which of the major cause describe as ―the evil Quartet‘s is being accounted?
5. Categorize the followings statement into narrowly utilitarian, broadly utilitarian and ethical reason:-
i) Every species in biodiversity has an intrinsic value even if it not of value to us.
ii) Human beings device a number of economic benefits like food, fiber etc from biodiversity.
iii) Biodiversity provides ecosystem services which can not be given price tag. Justify your categorization also.
6. Since the origin of life on earth and evolution there have been 5 episodes of mass extinction, but the current rate of extinction is 100-1000 times. What are the main causes of
high extinction rate and how is it going to harm human beings
QUESTIONS FOR SELF EVALUATION
1 What is IUCN Red list ? Give any two uses of this list .
2Name any 2 threatened animal species of India .
3Which are the biodiversity HOT Spots in India ?
4Name two alien species introduced in India .
5What is the importance of sacred forests and sacred lakes ?
6What is cryo preservation ?Give its one use .
7What are the major causes of species losses in geographic regions ?
Please click the link below to download pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Biology - Biodiversity And Conservation Study Guide.
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Microbes In Human Welfare Minds Map|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Microbes In Human Welfare Notes Set A|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Microbes In Human Welfare Notes Set B|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Organisms And Populations Minds Map|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Organisms And Populations Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Organisms And Populations Study Guide|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Ecosystem Minds Map|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Ecosystem Notes Set A|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Ecosystem Notes Set B|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Ecosystem Study Guide|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Biodiversity And Conservation Minds Map|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Biodiversity And Conservation Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Biodiversity And Conservation Study Guide|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Environmental Issues Minds Map|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Environmental Issues Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Environmental Issues Study Guide|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Human Reproduction Minds Map|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Human Reproduction Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Human Reproduction Study Guide|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproductive Health Notes Set A|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproductive Health Notes Set B|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproductive Health Study Guide|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Evolution Minds Map|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Evolution Notes Set A|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Evolution Notes Set B|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Evolution Study Guide|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Concept Maps For All Chapters|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Respiration Notes|