1. Name the solute in common salt solution :
a) H2O b) NH4Cl c) NaOH d) NaCl
2 Pick out a colloid from the following :
3. Which of the following is property of true solution ?
a) Homogeneous b) Heterogeneous c) Translucent d) None of these
4.The process of separation of insoluble solids from a liquid is called :
a) Filtration b) Decantation c) Sedimentation d) Evaporation
5. Which of the following mixtures is stable?
a) Milk in water b) Sugar in water c) Sand in water d) Wheat flour in cold water
6. Egg albumin in water forms :
a) True solution b) Colloidal solution c) Suspension d) None of these
7. Which of the following represents a correct set of observations for a mixture of common salt and water?
Transparency Stability Filtration
a) Transparent Unstable No residue
b) Transparent Stable No residue
c) Translucent Stable No residue
d) Opaque Unstable Residue
1.The color of Sulphur is :
a) White b) Colorless c) Green d) Yellow
2. Fees is not attracted by magnet because :
a) It has lost properties of its components. b) It is not made up of iron. c) It is a mixture d) It is black in color.
3. Sulphur is soluble in :
a) Water b) Carbon disulphide c) Both (a) and (b) d) Neither (a) not (b)
Click for more Science Study Material ›