1. Read the passage carefully :
KALAM‟S CONCEPT OF TOTAL COMMITMENT
6. Total commitment is not just hard work, it is total involvement. Building a rock wall is a back-breaking work. There are some people who build rock walls all their lives. And when they die, there are miles of walls; mute testimonials to how hard those people had worked.
7. He continued, ―But there are other men who, while placing one rock on top of another, have a vision in their minds, a goal. It may be a terrace with roses climbing over the rock wall and chairs set out for lazy summer days. Or the rock wall may enclose an apple orchard or mark a boundary. When they finish, they have more than a wall. It is the goal that makes a difference. Do not make rocketry your profession, your livelihood – make it your religion, your mission.‖
8. To succeed in your mission, you must have single – minded devotion to your goal. Individuals like me are often called ―WORKAHOLICS‖. I question this term because that implies a pathological condition or an illness. If I do that which I desire more than anything else in the world and which makes me happy, such work can never be an aberration. Words from the Twenty Six Psalm come to my mind while I work ―Examine me, O Lord and prove me‖.
9. Total commitment is a crucial quality for those who want to reach the very top of their profession. The desire to work at optimum capacity leaves hardly any room for anything else. I have had people with me who scoff at the 40 hrs a week job they were being paid for. I have known others who used to work for 60, 80, and even 100 hours a week. They used to find their work exciting and rewarding. Total commitment is the common denominator among all successful men and women. Are you able to manage the stresses you encounter in life? The difference between an energetic and a confused person is the difference in the way their minds handle
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Sample Paper 2015 Set C
Click for more English Study Material ›