SECTION A (READING)
Q.1 Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions that follow.
SET A ROUTINE FOR GOOD HEALTH
• When the body works with the rhythms of nature, then it is able to function at its best. Our body is programmed to work with the cycles of day and night and the seasons throughout the year. If we honour our body by working within these cycles, we are more inclined to have good health, lots of energy and a calm mind.
• The best time to wake up is between 6 am to 8 am. The first thing, drink a glass of warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice in it.
• Urinate, then clear your bowel .Make this a habit. After this, wash hands and face. Brush teeth. Scrape the tongue of built- up amal (toxin) using a tongue scraper or metal spoon. Scrape gently twice down the middle and once either side of the tongue.
• Dry body brush yourself for five minutes, starting at the feet and working up the body. Then go for a daily self-massage routine using warmed sesame oil. Bathe in warm water, never hot or cold.
• Then exercise gently- do yoga, walk or breathe in deeply. Dress in clean clothes.
• Whatever be your choice for breakfast, limit salt intake ; avoid oily, fatty, fried foods, alcohol, caffeine, red meat, hot spices, chemicals, preservatives, cheese, yogurt and soya sauce.
• Before breakfast, sip hot water often throughout the morning, for about 30 to 60 minutes.
• Make it a regular routine to have your lunch between 12 midday- 1pm. It goes without saying, clean hands before eating. Lunch needs to be the biggest meal of a day as the digestive fire of pitta is at its peak.
• Consider having 1/8th teaspoon fresh grated ginger with a few drops lemon juice before lunch and follow with a few sips of warm water. Choose foods such as soups, whole grain breads, grains, salads, steamed or stir-fried vegetables, beans or legumes.
• Avoid drinking with meals. Warm water can be sipped 5minutes after eating to aid digestion. Sit quietly for 5 minutes after eating. Include a gentle walk of 5 to 15 minutes to aid digestion.
• Practice the art of having dinner early- preferable between 6 pm and 7:30 pm. Consider having 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated ginger with few drops lemon juice before dinner, follow with a few sips of warm water.
• Eat a light dinner comprising fresh vegetables, salads, cooked vegetables, whole grains, and legumes, followed by something sweet.
• Always leave 3 hours between dinner and going to bed. Only consume warm herbal teas after dinner or warm water. Try to avoid stressful activity in the evening. Retire to bed by 10 to 10: 30 pm. Do not read, eat or watch TV while eating or in bed.
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 10 English Sample Paper 2018 with Answers Set A
Click for more English Study Material ›