Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 10 English Writing Skills Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 10 English. Standard 10 students should practise questions and answers given here for English in Grade 10 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 10 English prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
CBSE Class 10 English Assignment - Writing Skills. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
A notice is a piece of information regarding an important event that is about to happen or that has happened. It is publicly displayed---a kind of information for others to know and follow. Listed below are few points that should be kept in mind while writing a notice
1. Put the notice in a box
2. Name of the issuing authority/organization
4. Subject of the notice
→ The message with essential details
→ Date ,time ,venue
→ Extra information
→ Signature of person issuing the notice
→ Name of person issuing the notice
→ Designation of the person issuing the notice
Q. You are Mansi/ Manav Gupta, head girl/boy of St.Marrys school. Your school is organizing remedial classes for students of classes V to XII, “revise” after school hours from first August.All students who have secured less than 60%marks in the first terminal examination in any subject must attend the classes. Classes will be held from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Lunch will also be provided to the students on request. Write a notice for the school notice board informing the students about the “Revise”. Do not exceed 50 words. Put the notice in a box.
St. Mary’s school
June 30,2016 NOTICE
REVISE-Remedial Classes for weak students
Compulsory remedial classes “Revise” for those students of classes V to XII who have secured less than 60% marks in the first terminal examination will be organized from first August 2016, after school hours from 2:30 to 4:30 pm. Lunch will be provided on request. For further details contact the undersigned:
A message is a short, informal piece of writing conveying the information to a person for whom the information was intended but who was not at hand to receive the information.
1. Give the heading as ‘MESSAGE’
2. The heading should be followed by date and time.
3. Keep the salutation and signature short.
4. The message should be crisp, concise and provide all the relevant information.
5. Don’t write any additional information that is not given in the conversation.
6. The concluding part of the message should have the name of the person who is writing the message.
The following is a telephonic conversation between Mrs. Leena and Shriya. Identify the name of the person to whom the message needs to be written. Word limit 80 words MRS LEENA:Hello, may I speak to Shalini?
SHRIYA: Sorry, she is not at home at the moment .I am her daughter, Shriya speaking. Can I take the message please?
MRS LEENA: Sure! We got a circular at school today saying that there is a staff meeting at 8 AM tomorrow and all the teachers are expected to be presently in the staff room on time so that we finish the meeting before the school assembly. Since she had not come to school, I thought I would call her up and inform her.
SHRIYA: Sure, I would inform her without fail.
MRS LEENA: Thank you, Shriya. Bye.
June 30,2016 07:30 PM
Your colleague, Mrs .Leena called up to inform that you need to be present at the staff room sharp at 8AM tomorrow for a meeting that is scheduled to be completed before the school assembly.
Q1.Your school has decided to introduce Mass Media Studies as a subject under the vocational stream. This is going to help students who want to pursue a career in films, its production and other attached fields, Write a notice for your school notice board informing all students who are studying in class X, regarding the course.
Q2. Mr. Rajan, the English tuition teacher of Paul, has a message for him. Paul’s brother, David, attends the call but is in a hurry to leave to the railway station to pick up his uncle. He leaves a note for his brother. Based on the conversation below, write the message that David has to convey to his brother.
Mr. Rajan: Hello, I am Paul’s Tuition teacher speaking. I need to convey an urgent message to him.
Can I speak to Paul, please?
David: Sir, he is not at home at the moment .He may be back after an hour. I am his brother, David.
Could you please let me know what the message is?
Mr. Rajan: I need to leave to Chennai this Saturday morning. I have re-scheduled the session to tomorrow morning 7 am. Please ask him to be prepared for a revision test and also ask him to carry his literature reader book to the class without fail.
David: Sure sir. I will pass on this message to him.
Mr .Rajan: Thank you David, Bye.
The important aspects while writing a story are:
→ Plot--------It has six essential parts (Exposition ,conflict, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution)
→ Mood and setting
→ Point of view(the angle from which a story is told)
Q.I peeked at my watch it was exactly 12 midnight .I had missed the last bus home and hence I had walked for almost an hour. Thank God! Home was just a few kilometers away.
Complete the story in 150-200words.Give a suitable title to your story.
Determiners are words that precede and modify nouns. Determiners include:
1. Articles- A, An, The
2. Quantifiers- many, a few, a little, plenty, some etc
3. Demonstratives- this , that, those, these etc
4. Possessives- my, mine, her, his etc
Fill in the blanks using suitable determiners.
1. They say____________ knowledge is a bad thing.
2. _________people know as much about computers as Subash does.
3. It seems to me that we have had______ assignments in English this term.
4.______________ of the anger you experience can be attributed to being overworked.
5. ____________dog has been with ________________man for__________ thousands of years.
6. Here are __________ few good manners for those who use telephone.
7. When I was going for a walk, I heard ________one shriek.
8. National parks play _________important part in ______________economic life of the people.
Complete the following paragraph by filling the blanks with a verb in the appropriate tense.
Notebook Drive, that(1)____________as a local charitable initiative of the IISC a couple of years back,(2)__________its wings across the country through the programme, students provide notebooks, stationery, etc to poor students and (3)__________drop outs in primary schools. Two IISC students who (4)_________in Pune and Haryana, have(5)__________this idea in their places of work. One of them said that it (6)____________the desire to help the needy that (7)___________him start the drive in his place of work. He added that when he went to Pune, he (8)_________that something was missing. Problem he (9)___________there was finding like –mind it people. He said that he had found three people and together they (10)_________Notebook Drive.
Complete the following passage using the correct forms of the verbs given in the brackets:
When I reach home, my dog (a) _________(sit) at the door, waiting for me. I (b) _______(carry) something for him to eat. My poor dog, I am (c) _________ (give) him a nice treat. He (d)_________(remember) for days to come .Well, my bus (e)_________(be)about to arrive in another ten minutes .It (f)_______(take) me only five minutes to pick up some meat from the store.
1. Prolonged illness of our dear ones at times makes us emotionally weak, but in the chapter, “The Two Gentlemen of Verona” the two boys act totally opposite to this. Elaborate.
2. Though Nicola and Jacopo are two young boys the narrator addresses them as two gentlemen. What special qualities make them fit to be called gentlemen?
3. Appearances are deceptive. Explain with reference to the chapter “Two Gentlemen of Verona”
4. What did the narrator do which changed the color of Nicola’s face?
5. Why did the cautious driver show his disapproval of the two small boys selling strawberries?
6. “In the world of art, it’s not enough to have just talent; you also need to know how to exploit it successfully”. Comment on this statement with reference to the poem “The frog & the nightingale”
7. What does the poet want to convey through the characterization of the frog and the nightingale?
8. Describe how the frog eliminates the nightingale without being blamed for it. What is the poet’s intention through it?
9. Should one blindly follow others? why? Why not?
10. Explain ‘Satire’. The poem is a satire on critics. Who is a critic?
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 English Writing Skills Assignment
Click for more English Study Material ›