CBSE Class 10 English Report Writing Assignment. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
A report is a brief account of an event that has already taken place. It helps in recording events of importance that occurs in our day to day life. A report attempts to present the first hand information of an incident or event. A report of an event presents a record of events that took place. It includes one’s ideas, opinions and impressions on the event.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
• Mention the place, date, time and other relevant facts about the event.
• Include information collected from people around or affected by the event.
• Write the name of the reporter.
• Provide a suitable title/heading.
• Write in past tense.
• Write in reported speech and use passive form of expression.
• Develop ideas (causes, reasons, consequences, opinions) logically.
• Write in a less formal and more descriptive manner while writing a report for a school magazine.
• Write in a formal and descriptive manner while writing a report for a newspaper.
• Present your ideas and impressions to make the report interesting.
SAMPLE SCHOOL MAGAZINE REPORT
You are Roshan /Roshini, Secretary of Cultural club, Modern Public School, Chennai. As a member of N.G.C. (National Green Corps), write a report, in 100 – 120 words for your school magazine.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 English Report Writing Assignment
Click for more English Study Material ›