CBSE Class 10 English Assignment - The Frog and The Nightangle. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
THE FROG AND THE NIGHTINGALE
I Read the following extracts and answer the given questions.
1. “ And the crass cacophony
Blared out from the sumac tree
At whose foot the frog each night
Minstrelled on till morning light”
i) Explain ‘crass cacophony’?
ii) Where did the frog live?
iii) Why did the frog ‘minstrel’ till morning?
2. “And you’re a Mozart in disguise
Come to Earth before my eyes.
“Well I charge a modest fee.
Oh! But it won’t hurt, you’ll see.”
i) How was the frog a ‘Mozart’ in disguise?
ii) What did the frog say to entice the Nightingale?
iii) What trait of the frog’s personality is revealed here?
3. “Trembling, terrified to fail,
Blind with tears, the nightingale
Heard him out in silence, tried,
Puffed up, burst a vein, and died.”
i) Why did the Nightingale tremble?
ii) Why was she terrified?
iii) How did the Nightingale die?
II Short Answer Questions:
1. What gave relief to the Bingle Bog creatures from the jarring croaking of the frog?
2. Do you think the nightingale was responsible for her own exploitation? Why/ Why not?
3. What does the poet wish to convey in the poem ‘The Frog and the Nightingale’?
III Long Answer Question:
1. The frog remains unrepentant even at the death of the nightingale. He makes a diary entry blaming the brainless bird for her own death. Reproduce that entry in 120 words.
IV Value based Question (100-150 words)
Bring out the element of irony in the poem “The Frog and the Nightingale”. How is the irony a dig at the viciousness and selfishness prevalent in the society?
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 English Assignment - The Frog and The Nightangle