CBSE Class 10 English Assignment - Mrs Packletides Tiger. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
MRS PACKLETIDE’S TIGER
I Read the following extracts and answer the given questions.
1. “In a world that is supposed to be chiefly swayed by hunger and by love, Mrs Packletide was an exception; her movements and motives were largely governed by the dislike of Loona Bimberton.”
a) What does the author mean by, ‘the world swayed by hunger and love’?
b) How was Mrs Packletide an exception?
c) How did ‘dislijke of Loona Bimberton’ affect Mrs Packletide’s life?
2. “With an accurately sighted rifle and a thumb-nail pack of patience cards the sportswoman waited the coming of the quarry.”
a) Who is the sportswoman and what is her quarry?
b) What are the arrangements that have been made for the person?
c) What does the mention of the cards tell us about the nature of the activity being undertaken by the woman?
3. “Quite a bargain, only I don’t happen to have the money.”
a) Who speaks these words? Whom is she talking to?
b) What ‘bargain’ is the speaker talking about here?
c) What does the speaker expect the listener to do?
II. Short answer Questions (30-40 words)
1. What was Loona’s adventure? How did Mrs Packletide react to it?
2. Why was the tiger called ‘herd-robber’ and ‘venerable’?
3. What was the greatest worry for the villagers?
4. Why did the dying of the tiger due to heart attack remain a secret?
III. Long Answer Question (80-100 words)
Why was Mrs Packletide’s tiger hunt not thrilling and adventurous? What precautions did Mrs Packletide take to hunt the tiger without risking her life?
IV. Value based Question (100-150 words)
A satire aims at alleviation of follies through their humorous exposure. Do you think the writer is trying to satirize the main characters? Pick out instances from the story to support your view.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 English Assignment - Mrs Packletides Tiger