CBSE Class 10 English Letter Writing Assignment. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
Letters are a very effective means of communication for keeping contact with friends and relatives, who live at a distance. They can be used to share most intimate thoughts and feelings, convey messages which we hesitate to utter on phone, to invite, remind, advice and appreciate or to complain. A letter can be more expressive, emotional and can be preserved for posterity.
Broadly speaking, there are two types of letters:
1. Personal letters (Informal letters)
2. Business/official letters (Formal Letters)
1. Personal/Informal Letters
In these letters we use an informal, intimate tone. They are written in a simple, easy to understand, and natural style, just as one talks to a friend or a relative.
Parts of an informal letter
1. Heading –It includes the sender’s address and is written at the top left hand corner of the letter.
2. Date –It appears directly below the address.
3. Salutation- It is the usual way of beginning the letter and is written just below the date.
4. Body – It forms the very soul of a letter – the message that it carries.
It usually makes use of three paragraphs but may be shorter or longer.
5. Complimentary close – It is a polite way of ending the letter. The expression used must match the salutation.
6. Signature – It is written just below ‘complimentary close’ and includes the sender’s name and / or signature.
* Organize your ideas before writing the letter.
* Assessment will be based on C.A.L.F. : Content, Accuracy, Layout, Fluency.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 English Letter Writing Assignment
Click for more English Study Material ›