Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 10 English Letter Writing Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 10 English. Standard 10 students should practise questions and answers given here for English in Grade 10 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 10 English prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
Letter Writing Class 10 English Assignment Pdf
Class 10 English students should refer to the following printable assignment in Pdf for Letter Writing in standard 10. This test paper with questions and answers for Grade 10 English will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 10 English Assignment for Letter Writing
CBSE Class 10 English Letter Writing Assignment. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
Letters are a very effective means of communication for keeping contact with friends and relatives, who live at a distance. They can be used to share most intimate thoughts and feelings, convey messages which we hesitate to utter on phone, to invite, remind, advice and appreciate or to complain. A letter can be more expressive, emotional and can be preserved for posterity.
Broadly speaking, there are two types of letters:
1. Personal letters (Informal letters)
2. Business/official letters (Formal Letters)
1. Personal/Informal Letters
In these letters we use an informal, intimate tone. They are written in a simple, easy to understand, and natural style, just as one talks to a friend or a relative.
Parts of an informal letter
1. Heading –It includes the sender’s address and is written at the top left hand corner of the letter.
2. Date –It appears directly below the address.
3. Salutation- It is the usual way of beginning the letter and is written just below the date.
4. Body – It forms the very soul of a letter – the message that it carries.
It usually makes use of three paragraphs but may be shorter or longer.
5. Complimentary close – It is a polite way of ending the letter. The expression used must match the salutation.
6. Signature – It is written just below ‘complimentary close’ and includes the sender’s name and / or signature.
* Organize your ideas before writing the letter.
* Assessment will be based on C.A.L.F. : Content, Accuracy, Layout, Fluency.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 English Letter Writing Assignment
Click for more English Study Material ›