CBSE Class 10 English Debate Writing Assignment Set B. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
A debate is a discussion between sides with different views. Persons speak for and against a particular topic, before making a decision. A topic, problem or a question is raised and speakers for and against speak on it, trying to convince others with their arguments.
Steps in preparing a debate
• Introduction should be very impressive, possibly with a quotation or extract from a poem, etc.
• Give reasons in favour or against the motion
• Support your argument with facts and statistics
• Counter your opponent’s arguments / attack / deny his claims (Rebuttal)
• Conclude with finality, as if what you are saying is the ultimate
Some expressions for use during debate
• I fail to understand....
• I would like to point out....
• .... I am surprised at my opponent’s ignorance.
• .... I wholeheartedly reject the contention.
• .... I totally disagree with the view.
• .... I wish to emphasize.
You are Prashant Verma, the Cultural Secretary of your school. You have been asked to prepare a debate on the topic, “It is and will always be a man’s world,” for the debating team of your school for participation in an inter-school debate competition. Prepare the speech for and against the motion in 150-200 word.
IT IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A MAN’S WORLD (For the motion)
Respected Chairperson, Honourable members of the Jury, and my worthy opponents. Today I am here to support the motion “IT IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A MAN’S WORLD”
I regret to say that men and only men rule the world today. ‘Women’s Liberation’, ‘International Women’s Day’ is just eyewash, and the ugly reality is that despite the struggle and efforts, the condition of women remains the same, even today.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 English Debate Writing Assignment Set B
Click for more English Study Material ›