CBSE Class 10 English Bio Sketch Assignment Set B. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
A bio-sketch means biographical sketches in which a person’s physical appearance, age, habits, qualities, etc., are mentioned. A bio-sketch can be constructed with the help of clues. A biographical sketch is always written by someone else other than the person on whom it is written. Most bio-sketches are interpretive; they not only present the facts but also tell what those facts mean.
• Title should be given to the Bio-sketch
Use the notes in the following box to write a bio-sketch of about 80 words.
• Born October 29, 1985 in Haryana
• Spent early days in village - practised boxing in Bhiwani Boxing Club
• Picked up by coach Jagdish Singh - won national championships
• Participated in 2004 Athens Summer Olympics, 2006 Commonwealth Games, 2006 Asian Games
• 2008 Beijing Olympics, defeated Carlos Gongora of Equador to win first ever Olympic medal
• (bronze) for Indian boxer.
• 2009 awarded Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award - India’s highest sporting honour
Vijendra Singh, one of the greatest boxers of India was born on October 29, 1985, in Haryana. He spent his early life in a village. He practiced boxing in Bhiwani Boxing Club. Coach Jagdish Singh became his trainer and under his training he won many national championships. He articipated enthusiastically in 2004 Olympics at Athens, 2006 Commonwealth and 2006 Asian Games. In 2008 Beijing Olympics, he became the first Indian boxer to win a bronze medal. In 2009, he was awarded the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the highest Indian sporting honour. He is a true inspiration for all boxers.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 English Bio Sketch Assignment Set B
Click for more English Study Material ›