CBSE Class 9 Science Sample Paper Set D. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
SECTION – A
1. Define inertia
2. Starting from the statement of second law, derive F=ma.
3. Derive second equation of motion graphically.
4. Give reasons:
a) Boat moves backwards when we jump out of it.
b) We tend to fall backwards if we are sitting inside a bus and it suddenly starts.
c) A fielder lowers down his hands gradually while holding a catch.
5. a) Differentiate between g and G (any 2).
b) A body is thrown vertically upwards with an initial velocity of 100 m/s. Find
(i) time taken to reach the maximum height.
(ii) maximum height reached.
6. a) Differentiate between mass and weight (any 2)
b) For two planets, ratio of their radii is 1:2 and the ratio of their masses is 2:3. Find the ratio of weights of a body on these planets.
7. A car initially at rest attains a speed of 20 m/s in 5 seconds and moves with the same speed for next 20 seconds and then comes to rest or the next 10 seconds.
(a) plot speed time graph (b) find acceleration (c) find retardation (d) total distance covered
8. a) State and prove the law of conservation of momentum.
b) A body of mass 2kg, initially moving with a velocity of 10 m/s collides with another body of mass 5 kg at rest. After collision, velocity of first body becomes 1 m/s. Find the velocity of the second body.
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 9 Science Sample Paper Set D.
Click for more Science Study Material ›