CBSE Science Sample Paper for Class 9 CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 9 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 9 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class IX sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links
Sample Paper For 2012
Class – IX
(i) The question paper comprises of two sections, A and B. You are to attempt both the sections.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in all the five questions of five marks category. Only one option in such questions is to be attempted.
(iv) All questions of section A and all questions of section B are to be attempted separately.
(v) Questions 1 to 3 in section A are one mark questions. These are to be answered in one word or in one sentence.
(vi) Questions 4 to 7 in section A are two marks questions. These are to be answered in about 30 words each.
(vii) Questions 8 to 19 in section A are three marks questions. These are to be answered in about 50 words each.
(viii) Questions 20 to 24 in section A are five marks questions. These are to be answered in about 70 words each.
(ix) Questions 25 to 42 in section B are multiple choice questions based on practical skills. Each question is a one mark question. You are to select one most appropriate response out of the four provided to you
1. State the characteristic of gas used in supplying oxygen cylinders to hospitals.
2. No force is required to move an object with a constant velocity. Why ?
3. Why do egg shells dissolve in dilute hydrochloric acid ?
4. Water is a compound and not a mixture. List two reasons to justify your answer.
5. State the universal law of gravitation. Why is G called the Universal gravitation Constant ? ‘
6. (a) What is DNA ? Where is it located ?
(b) Name the functional segment of DNA.
7. Name the connective tissue which helps in repair of tissues. State where this tissue is found. Mention its one more function.
8. Give reasons for the following :
(a) The smell of baking cake from the kitchen reaches you in the bedroom.
(b) After your morning exercise you feel cold.
(c) A gas fills completely the vessel in which it is kept.
9. (a) Define element
(b) Identify two non metals from the following elements. Carbon, Potassium, Silicon, Chlorine, Mercury
(c) In what way is a mixture different from a compound ?
10. Distinguish between uniform and non-uniform motion. Draw displacement - time graph for each.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 9 Science Sample Paper 2014 (13)
Click for more Science Study Material ›