CBSE Science Sample Paper for Class lX CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class lX for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
Sample Paper 10
1. The question paper comprises of two sections, A and B you are to attempt both the sections.
2. All questions are compulsory.
3. There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in all the three questions of five marks category. Only one option in such question is to be attempted.
4. All questions to section A and all questions of section B are to be attempted separately.
5. Question numbers 1 to 3 in section A are one mark questions. These are to be answered in one word or one sentence.
6. Question numbers 4 to 7 are two mark questions, to be answered in about 30 words.
7. Question number 8 to 19 is three mark questions, to be answered in about 50 words.
8. Question number 20 to 24 are five mark questions, to be answered in about 70 words.
9. Question numbers 25 to 42 in section B are multiple choice questions based on practical skills. Each question is a one mark question. You are choosing one most appropriate response out of the four provided to you.
Q1.What is the value of latent heat of vapourisation of water?
Q 2. Why do we tie the luggage’s with a rope on the roof of buses?
Q 3. Name the discover of (a) cell and (b) nucleus
Q4 (a) A diamond knife is quite often used for cutting glass. Why?
(b) Give example of the colloidal solution in which solid acts as the dispersed phase and gas as the dispersion medium.
Q 5. A nail is driven into a wooden board by using a hammer. The impact Of the hammer on the head of nail produces a thrust of 25N. If the area of the head is 0.5 mm2 and of the tip is 0.1 mm2, find the pressure on the head and the tip of the nail.
Q 6. Mention two functions of stomata.
Q 7. What is endocytosis? Give one example.
Q8. (a)We can easily move our hand in air but to do so the same through a solid block of wood we need a ‘karate expert’. Explain.
(b) What types of clothes should we wear in summer?
Q9 (a) Solubility of sodium nitrate at 313 K is 60 g. What mass of sodium nitrate would be needed to produce a saturated solution of NaNO3 in 50 g of water at 313 K? (b)What is the effect of change of temperature on the solubility of a salt?
Q 10. (a) Define momentum of a body.
(b) A ball is thrown vertically upward. What is its momentum at the highest point?
(c) State the law of conservation of momentum.
Q 11. State universal law of gravitation. Write SI unit of G. The gravitational force between two objects is 100N. How should the distance between the objects be changed so that force between them becomes 50N?
Q 12. A ball is gently dropped from a height of 20 m. If its velocity increases uniformly at the rate of 10m/s2, with what velocity will it strike the ground? After what time will it strike the ground?
Q 13. A particle is thrown up vertically with a velocity of 50 ms-1. How high would the particle rise and what time would it take to reach the highest point? (g = 10 ms-2 )
Q 14. What factors may be responsible for losses of grains during storage? Also mention any two preventive measures to control loss of grains during storage.
Q 15. Explain that livestock production needs to be improved. Why there is necessity of Animal Husbandry?
Q 16. Draw a well labeled diagram of phloem tissue.
Q 17. Write three main difference between a prokaryotic cell and eukaryotic cell?
Q 18. What are the three types of muscle tissue.
Q19.Give any five points of difference between true solution, colloidal solution and suspension.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 9 Science Sample Paper 2014 (12)
Click for more Science Study Material ›