CBSE Science SA2 Sample Paper for Class 9 CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 9 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 9 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
SUBJECT – SCIENCE CLASS - IX
Summative Assessment –II (SA 2 - Term II)
a. The question paper comprises of two sections A and B, you are to attempt both the sections.
b. All questions are compulsory.
c. There is no overall choice. However internal choice has been provided in all the three questions of five marks category. Only one option in each question is to be attempted.
d. Questions from 1 to 3 in section A are one mark questions these are to be answered in one word or a sentence.
e. Questions from 4 to 7 in section A are Two marks questions. These are to be answered in about 30 word each.
f. Questions from 8 to 19 in section A are Three marks questions These are to be answered in about 50 word each.
g. Questions from 20 to 24 in section A carry five marks questions. These are to be answered in 70 words each.
h. Questions from 25 to 42 in section B are multiple choice questions based on practical skills. Each question is one mark question. You are to select one most appropriate response out of the four provided to you.
SECTION – A
1. Give an example of tri atomic gas.
2. The growth in plants is limited to certain regions. What is the reason?
3. How the frequency of wave is related to its time period?
4. State the factors on which work done depends.
5. What are the main points of the Cell Theory proposed by Sclieden and Schwan?
6. A car with a speed of 25m/s weighing 900 Kg stops at a distance of 40 metres. Calculate the force exerted and the and work done by the brakes.
7. What is Relative Density ? If an object is immersed wholly in a liquid causing upthrust equal to the weight of the body, then what will be the relation between the Relative densities of liquid and the object.
8. What is Symbiosis? Name a symbiotic life form. Mention the specific organisms which display the symbiotic relationship in this life form.
9. Write the formulas & names of the compounds formed between :
a) Sodium and carbonate ions
b) Aluminium and sulphate ions
c) Barium and chloride ions
10. a) Calculate molar mass of S8.
b) Convert into mole : i) 12 gram of oxygen gas
ii) 32 gram of oxygen molecule
11. Write three significant features of Bohr’s Model of atom.
12. Suppose a man is trying to push a wall. But the wall doesn't move. What is the amount of work done? Calculate the amount of work done in lifting a body of mass 3 Kg through a distance of 11 metres.
13. Explain the salient features of Phylum Mollusca.?
14. a) What are Concentrates in animal feed ?
b) Name two Internal Parasites that cause diseases in animals.
15. a) Describe an activity to demonstrate the process of Osmosis.
b) How does carbon dioxide move in and out of cells?
16. Give three differences, between Angiosperms and Gymnosperms.
17. Calculate the wavelength of a sound wave whose frequency is 220 Hz and speed is 440 m /s in a given medium.
18. Explain the principle behind the wind up toys. A cat and a mouse are running with the same speed. If the weight of the cat is 20 times that of mouse, what is the ratio of their kinetic energy?
19. State Archimedes Principle. Why does an object float or sink in water ?
20. a) State the Law of conservation of mass & Law of definite proportion with the help of one example each.
b) What are polyatomic ios ? Give two examples.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 9 Science SA2 Sample Paper 2014 (1)
Click for more Science Study Material ›