CBSE Science Sample Paper for Class lX CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class lX for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
General Instructions : Same as in CBSE Sample Question Paper
1. Two similar vehicles are moving with the same velocity on the roads such that one of them is loaded and the other one is empty. Which of the two vehicles will require larger force to stop it? Give reasons.
2. What is the physical state of water at 100°C?
3. Bacteria do not have chloroplast but some bacteria are photoautotrophic in nature and perform photosynthesis. Which part of bacterial cell performs this?
4. Give two reasons, why an alloy is regarded as a mixture.
5. (a) What is a tissue?
(b)What is the utility of tissues in multicellular organisms?
6. Gravitational force acts on all objects in proportion to their masses. Why does, a heavy object then not fall faster than light object?
7. Name the two nucleic acids present in the cell. What are their function?
8. List any six characteristics of parenchyma tissue.
9. (a) Give reasons for the following.
(i) It is advised to tie any luggage kept on the roof of a bus with a rope.
(ii) A gun recoils after it is fired.
10. Write the main function of the following.
(a) Plasma membrane (b) Mitochondria (c) Chromosomes
(d) Nucleolus (e) Lysosomes (f) Cell wall
11. What is the difference between a gas and a vapour? Support your answer by an example.
12. A stone is released from the top of a tower of height 19.6 m. Calculate its final velocity just before touching the ground.
13. What management practices are common in dairy and poultry farming?
14. From a rifle of mass 4 kg, a bullet of mass 50 g is fired with an initial velocity of 35 ms–1. Calculate the initial velocity of recoil of the gun.
15. What are the factors responsible for storage losses of grain? Give any two preventive control measures before storage of grains.
16. Gravitational force on the surface of moon is only 1/6 as strong as gravitational force on the earth. What is weight in newtons of a 10 kg object on the moon and on the earth?
17. Explain giving reasons :
(i) Ice at 0°C is more effective in cooling than water at 0°C.
(ii) Steam produces more severe burns than boiling water even though the temperature of both are 100°C.
(iii) A gas can be liquefied easily.
(iv) Wet clothes do not dry easily in the rainy season.
(v) One feels cold after taking a hot shower.
18. Give reasons :
(i) It is difficult to balance our body, when we accidentally step on a peel of a banana.
(ii) Pieces of bursting cracker fall in all possible directions.
(iii) A glass pane of a window is shattered, when a flying pebble hits it.
(iv) It is easier to stop a tennis ball than a cricket ball moving at the same speed.
(v) A javelin thrower is marked foul, if an athlete crosses over the line marked for the throw. Athletes often fail to stop themselves before the line
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 9 Science Sample Paper 2014 (9)
Click for more Science Study Material ›