CBSE Class 9 Science Sample Paper Set A. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
Section - A
1. An object experiences a net zero external unbalanced force. Is it possible for the object to be travelling with a non zero velocity? Justify your answer.
2. a) Give two importance of the universal law of gravitation.
b) Give its mathematical expression. Explain each term.
3. a) Define inertia.
b) Explain why some leaves may get detached from a tree when it’s branch is vigorously shaken.
4. a) List any two differences between mass and weight.
b) Derive the relation between g and G.
5. Give reasons for the following:
a) It is difficult for a fireman to hold a hose which ejects large amount of water with high velocity.
b) Karate player breaks a brick with a single blow.
c) We fall forward when the brakes of the moving bus are suddenly applied.
6. a) A constant force acts on an object of mass 5kg for a duration of 2s. It increases the object’s velocity from 3m/s to 7m/s. Find the magnitude of the applied force. If the same force applied was for the duration of 5s, what would be the final velocity of the object?
b) Define 1 newton.
7. a) Differentiate between speed and velocity of a moving object.
b) The brakes are applied to a car produce an acceleration of 6m/s2 in the opposite direction to the motion. If the car takes 2s to stop after the application of brakes, calculate the distance it travels during this time.
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 9 Science Sample Paper Set A.