CBSE Science SA1 Sample Paper for Class 9 CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 9 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 9 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
Summative assessment I
Sample paper 3
1. Breathing on a mirror turns mirror foggy, what phenomenon is responsible for this?
2. What is the major function of cell wall in plant cell?
3. When a carpet is beaten with a stick, dirt comes out of it. Why?
4. (a) Name the two factors on which the buoyant force depends.
(b) State the relationship between the buoyant force on an object and weight of the liquid displaced by it.
5. State any two reasons for plant cells to have large central vacuole.
6. List any four salient features of meristematic tissue.
7. What is a super saturated solution?
8.Give reason for the following:-
(a) A wet handkerchief is placed on the forehead of a person suffering from high fever.
(b) We often sprinkle water on the road in summer.
9. (a) Write four differences between true solution and colloidal solution.
(b) What is observed when electric current is passed through a colloidal solution?
10. Draw diagrams to show the difference between the structures of the three types of muscles fibres.
11. (a) List any four characteristics of parenchyma tissue.
(b) What is aerenchyma?
12. Define manures. What are its three different kinds? State two limitations of manures.
13. Write any one function of the following:
(b) Golgi apparatus
(c) Endoplasmic Reticulum
14. (a) What is mixed cropping?
(b) Write any two advantages of mixed cropping
15. (a) A car accelerates uniformly from 18 kmh-1 to 36 kmh-1 in 5s. Calculate:
(i) acceleration (ii) distance covered by the car in that time.
(b) The length of minute hand of a clock is 14 cm. calculate the speed with which the tip of the minute hand moves.
16. (a) Define the term inertia. Name the quantity that measures it.
(b) Which physical quantity corresponds to rate of change of momentum?
17. (a) Two objects of masses M1 and M2 are dropped in vacuum from a height above the surface of Earth (M1 is greater than M2). Which one will reach the ground first and why?
(b) The earth attracts the moon. Does the moon attract the earth? If it does, why does the earth not move towards the moon?
19. A ball thrown up vertically returns to the the thrower after 6s. Find:
(a) The velocity with which it was thrown up.
(b) The maximum height it reaches.
(c) Its position after 4s. (Given g= 9.8 m/s2)
19(a) How can a saturated solution be made unsaturated?
(b) Give any four application of centrifugation.
(c)Name the technique used to separate:-
(i) butter from curd
(ii) Salt from sea water
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 9 Science SA1 Sample Paper 2014 (2)
Click for more Science Study Material ›