SECTION – A (OBJECTIVE)
I. FILL IN THE BLANKS:
1. Settlements are places where people build their___________.
2. In _____________, people build houses to suit their environment.
3. ____________ is the process of conveying messages to others.
4. Evergreen trees are found in ____________________.
5. The grassland of ___________ is called Campos.
6. Small rivers that join the main river are called _____________.
7. _____________are the flesh-eating fish found in River Amazon.
8. _______________ lies between 10 degree north and south.
9. Sundarban Delta has rich ___________________ forests.
10. The Ganga Brahmaputra basin is most fertile _____________ of the world.
11. Dead Sea in Israel has ____________of 340 grams per liter of water.
12. Tsunami causes widespread damages in _________________.
II. NAME THE FOLLOWING:
1. Hot dry summers and mild rainy winters- ____________
2. Seasonal movement of people- _____________________
3. Other name for Tropical rainforest Forests. ____________________
4. Small rivers that join the main river- ______________________
5. The largest delta in the world.-____________________
6. Famous tiger found in the Sunderbans. ________________
7. Mouth of the river which has no deposition of silt. ___________
8. The rise and fall of the ocean water alternatively. _____________
9. The rhythmic rise and fall of ocean water twice in a day. ________________
10. The currents which carry water from polar or higher latitudes to tropical or lower latitudes. _________________
11. Process in which green plants produce oxygen._________________
12. The upper most layer of the atmosphere ____________________
III. TRUE OR FALSE:
1. Rio de Janerio is an important port in South America- ___________
2. Thick mud walled houses with thatched roofs are found in areas of hot climate-________
3. Delta regions are covered with deciduous forests. __________
4. Terrace cultivation is practiced in the plain region. ____________
5. Rabi is the crop grown in summer. ____________
6. Trees like Pine, Deodar and Cher are Coniferous Trees. ______________
7. Warm currents bring about warm temperature over land surface. ____________
8. The most plentiful gas in the air Nitrogen. __________________
9. Troposphere protects us from the harmful effect of the sun rays. __________
SECTION – B
1 Explain the two types of waterways?
2 Discuss how does the distribution of population depends upon the Topography of a place.
3 Explain the salinity of water.
4 Give two effects of global warming.
5 Explain the process through which plants take nitrogen?
6 State the advancement in the field of communication?
7 Give the Classification of Natural vegetation.
8 Tropical Rain Forests is different from Tropical Deciduous Forests. Explain
9 Explain the catchment area or river basin.
10 How are tides useful to us?
11 Define spring tides and neap tides?
12 Discuss the effect of Internet on our lives.
13 Amazon Basin is rich in the variety of wildlife. Give reason.
14 Many countries face water scarcity. Explain
15 Explain how the climate and weather of the earth is being adversely affected.
PLEASE NOTE: Revise your notes, worksheets, maps and diagrams. Read the textbook thoroughly.
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science Worksheet Set I