AIR (WEATHER AND CLIMATE)
I. NAME THE FOLLOWING:
1. The average weather condition of a place for a longer period of time _________
2. An important factor that influences the distribution of temperature is __________
3. The liquid that boils at 100 degree Celsius ________________________
4. The pressure exerted by the weight of air on the earth’s surface _____________
5. Moisture in the air at any time ________________________
6. Precipitation that comes down to the earth in liquid form ____________________
7. The winds which blow only during a particular period of the day or year in a small area ______________________________
II. FILL IN THE BLANKS:
1. _________________ is hour-to-hour, day to day condition of the atmosphere.
2. A _________________________ weather may make one irritable.
3. The degree of hotness and coldness of the air is known as _______________
4. ___________________is the incoming solar energy intercepted by the earth.
5. The amount of insolation _____________ from the equator towards the poles.
6. The standard unit of measuring temperature is degree _________________
7. On the Celsius scale the ___________________________freezes at 0°C.
8. Temperature in ____________________ is much higher than that of villages.
9. On the __________ there is no air and hence no air pressure.
10. As we go up the layers of atmosphere, the pressure _____________ rapidly.
11. The trade winds, westerlies and easterlies are the ________________ winds.
12. The monsoon winds in India are _______________________________winds.
13. When the air is full of water vapor we call it a ______________________ day.
14. The water vapor condenses causing formation of _______________ of water.
15. The pressure associated with cloudy skies and wet weather is called ________________________________
III. MATCH THE FOLLOWING:
COLUMN A COLUMN B RESPONSES
1.In areas, having low temperature a. High pressure areas to low pressure areas 1. -----
2. Heavy air sinks b. Wind 2. -----
3. Air always moves c. Air is cold 3. -----
4. Moving air d. Westerlies 4. -----
5. Wind blowing from the west e. Creates a high pressure area 5. ------
IV. WRITE AT LEAST ONE EXAMPLE OF EACH:
1. Permanent winds – _____________________________________________
2. Seasonal winds – ______________________________________________
3. Local winds – _________________________________________________
V. OBSERVE THE DIAGRAMS AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS GIVEN BELOW:
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Worksheet Set R