Very Short Answer Type Questions
Question. How many types of rocks are found on the earth?
Answer : Basically, there are three types of rocks:-
Question. By which name the innermost part of the earth called? What are the components of this part?
Answer : The innermost part of the earth is called ’Core’. The core known as NiFe, mainly consists of two elements Nickel (Ni) & Ferrous (Fe).
Short Answer Type Questions
Question. What are igneous rocks? How many types are there in these rocks? Write about the intrusive rocks.
Answer : ‘Igneous’ means fire.
These rock are of two types:-1. Intrusive 2.Extrusive
These rocks are formed out of the cooling of the hot and liquid material from the interior of the Earth.
Intrusive Igneous rocks: - Rocks formed by the cooling of the Magma, in the interior of the earth are called as Intrusive Rocks.
Question. Write about the metamorphic rocks, give specific example of these rocks.
Answer : As a result of the effect of temperature and pressure, igneous rocks and sedimentary rocks undergo a change in their form, structure and hardness. Such transformed rocks are called metamorphic rocks. Examples: - Marble, slate, coal etc.
Question. Which mineral is called as 'Liquid Gold'? Give brief introduction.
Answer : Petroleum is called as ‘Liquid Gold’. It is made out of the vegetation and animals trapped between layers of sedimentary rocks. It is refined in refineries before use.
INSIDE OUR EARTH
I. NAME THE FOLLOWING
1. The uppermost layer of the earth: ___________________
2. The deepest mine in the world:___________________________
3. The remains of the dead plants and animals trapped in the layers of rocks: __
4. The thinnest layer of the earth: ______________________
5. Any natural mass of mineral matter that makes up the earth’s crust : _____
6. These rocks contain fossils : ________________________
7. The Red Fort is made of this stone:________________________________
8. The Taj Mahal is made of this stone :____________________
9. The rock that is made up of molten magma: _____________________
10.The innermost layer of the earth: _____________________
II. FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH APPROPRIATE WORDS
1. The Earth is made up of several ____________________layers with one inside the other.
2. The core of the earth is made up of _____________and ______________ and is called __________________.
3. Igneous rocks are also called __________________ rocks, as they begin the rock cycle.
4. The Deccan Plateau is made up of _____________________ rocks.
5. The grinding stone that we use in our home to powder spices is made of ______________________stone.
6. The word ‘igneous’ has originated from the Latin word ‘ignis’ meaning ___.
7. Clay changes into __________________ and limestone changes into __________________
8. The central core has high ________________________ and ____________
III. GIVE EXAMPLES FOR THE FOLLOWING
Types of rocks Example
1. Intrusive igneous rocks _____________
2. Extrusive Igneous rocks _____________
3. Sedimentary rocks _____________
4. Metamorphic rocks _____________
IV. OBSERVE THE DIAGRAMS AND FILL UP THE BLANKS
V. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN TWO POINTS
1. Explain the mineral constituents of the Continental Crust and Oceanic Crust
2. What is a rock? What are the three different types of rocks?
3. What are igneous rocks?
4. Differentiate between extrusive and intrusive rocks
5. What are metamorphic rocks? Give examples
6. What are Minerals? What are the uses of minerals?
VI. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN FOUR POINTS
7. How are Sedimentary rocks formed?
8. Explain the rock cycle
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science Inside Our Earth Worksheet Set B