THE DELHI SULTANS
I. FILL IN THE BLANKS :
1. Delhi first became the capital of a kingdom under the ______________ Rajputs, who were defeated in the middle of the twelfth century by the __________________ of Ajmer.
2. It was under the __________________ and ___________________ that Delhi became an important commercial centre
3. The transformation of _______________ into a capital that controlled vast areas of the subcontinent started with the foundation of the ____________ ___________________ in the beginning of the thirteenth century.
4. The Khaljis and the Tughluqs continued to use __________________ and also raised people of humble birth who were often their clients to high political positions.
5. Mongol attacks on the Delhi Sultanate increased during the reign of _________________________________ and in the early years of _________________________________ rule.
6. Alauddin Khalji paid his soldiers salaries in ______________ rather than iqtas.
7. Alauddin Khalji constructed the garrison town _____________ for his soldiers.
II. MATCH THE CONTENTS IN COLUMN ‘A’ WITH THOSE IN COLUMN ‘B’:
Sl.No COLUMN A COLUMN B
1. Ananga Pala a. Fortified settlement with soldiers
2. Garrison Town b. Congregational Mosque
3. Jama Masjid c. Ibn Batuta
4 Moroccon Traveller d. Rudramadevi
5. Queen of Warangal e. Tomara Ruler
III. WHO AM I ?
1. The chronicler during the reign of Raziyya Sultan. _______________________________
2. The Mongol invader who was a threat to the Delhi Sultans. ________________________
3. The ruler who established Suri dynasty defeating Humayun. _______________________
4. Queen who ruled Kashmir from AD 980-1003. __________________________________
IV. COMPLETE THE GIVEN FLOWCHART :
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science The Delhi Sultans Worksheet Set A