1. Amar Jiban was written by
a. Rashsundari Devi b.Indira Gandhi c. Shakuntala Devi d.Menaka Gandhi.
2. Which one of the following strategies is a part of the women’s movement?
a.Songs b.Plays c.Rallies d. Dramas
3. A census is held in every
a. 1year b. 10 years c.5 years d. 11 years
4. Who was given the title of “Pandita”?
a. Pratibha Patil b. Nirmala Sitharaman c.Ramabai d. Rokeya Shakhawat.
5. What were the important spices that were traded in India?
6. Define the term “ Hundi”.
7. State the significance of 8 March of every year.
8. “There is an increasing number of schools drop outs especially children from Dalit Adivasi and Muslim communities.” Comment.
9 Discuss how the women’s movement has played an important role in the empowerment of women.
10. Critically examine the significance of ocean currents in the life of the people living near the coast.
11. The unmindful wastage of clean drinking water is one of the most serious threats in front of the world. In light of the given statement suggest any three ways to conserve water. 3
12. “Hampi thrived as a multifunctional urban centre”. Comment.
13. Name the t forests where both hardwood and softwood trees are found.. Explain four major features of the same.
14. Explain the occurrences of two major tides by the help of a suitable diagram.
15. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow.
From the eighth century on wards the subcontinent was dotted with several small towns. These probably emerged from large villages. They usually had a mandapika (or mandi of later times) to which nearby villagers brought their produce to sell. They also had market streets called hatta (haat of later times) lined with shops. Besides, there were streets for different kinds of artisans such as potters, oil pressers, sugar makers, toddy makers, smiths, stonemasons, etc. While some traders lived in the town, others travelled from town to town. Many came from far and near to these towns to buy local articles and sell products of distant places like horses, salt, camphor, saffron, betel nut and spices like pepper.
i. How did the small towns emerge in the sub-continent from the eighth century on wards?
ii Highlight any two distinctive features of the small towns
iii.Discuss the trading system of Indian sub-continent during the eighth century
16. On the Physical map of the world locate the following.
a.Singapore b. Los Angeles
17. On the Political map of India locate the following.
a.Surat b. Calcutta
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science Worksheet Set D