HUMAN ENVIRONMENT-SETTLEMENT, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
I. FILL IN THE BLANKS:
1. __________________________are places where people build their homes.
2. Settlements can be __________________ or _______________________.
3. Rural settlements can be ____________________ or _________________.
4. Invention of the _____________________ made transport easier.
5. Modern means of transport saves _________________ and _______________.
6. ___________________________ highway in the Himalayan Mountains is one of the highest roadways in the world.
7. _______________________________ are built over raised structures.
8. The train from ____________________ to _____________________ runs at an altitude of 4,000m above sea level.
9. Roads can be __________________________ and ______________________.
10. In rural areas, people build houses to suit their ___________________________
II. NAME THE FOLLOWING:
1. Roads built underground-________________________________
2. Longest railway system in the world- ___________________________________
3. The process of conveying messages to others- __________________________
4. An important port in South America- ____________________________
5. Roadways that connect Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata-_______________ _____________________________
6. Seasonal movement of people- ________________________________
7. Largest railway network in Asia- ___________________________________
III. WRITE TRUE OR FALSE:
1. Thick mud walled houses with thatched roofs are found in areas of cold climate:_______
2. In the Andes Mountains of South America, Yaks are used for transport: ________
3. Through television we can communicate to a large number of people:_________
4. Waterways are the cheapest for carrying bulky goods over long distances:__________
5. The Great lakes in North America is an example of Inland waterways:_________
IV. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING IN TWO POINTS:
1. What are the two types of waterways?
2. Mention two advantages of Airways over other means of transport.
3. How is satellite communication helpful to us?
V. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING IN THREE POINTS:
4. Write a short note on the development of railways.
5. What kind of advancement do you notice in the field of communication?
VI. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING IN FOUR POINTS:
6. What do you know about rural settlement?
7. ‘Internet has made our lives more comfortable’. Justify
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science Human Environment Settlement Transport Set A