Q 1. What do you understand by environment?
Ans. Environment means the surroundings and natural forces on earth. It includes land, water, air etc.
Q 2. Which are the main spheres of environment?
Ans. 1. Atmosphere 2. Lithosphere 3.Hydrosphere 4. Biosphere.
Q 3. How do man affects environment?
Ans. Man affects the environment by using its resources according to his needs. Developments in transportation, agriculture and industry has changed the world into ‘Global Market’.
Q 4. Write down the names of layers of earth.
Ans. 1. SIAL (Silicon+ Aluminium)
2. SIMA (Silicon+ Magnesium)
3. NiFe (Nickel+ Ferrous/Iron)
Fill in the Blanks
1. Environment has been divided in four spheres.
2. The SIAL layer of the Earth is made up of the material which is rich in Silicon and Aluminium.
3. NiFe is made up of material which is rich in Nickel and Ferrous elements.
4. The different types of species of animals is known as Animal Kingdom.
5. 71% Portion of earth has been covered by hydrosphere.
I NAME THE FOLLOWING:
1. Exchanging one good for another good: ___________________
2. The system formed by the interaction of all living organisms: ____________________
3. Two types of environment: ___________________________________________________________
4. A thin layer of air that surrounds the earth: _____________________
5. Two examples of human-made environment: _________________________
II FILL IN THE BLANKS:
1. The world of living organisms is called_________________________
2. Abiotic environment comprises the world of ______________ elements.
3. The French word Environer means __________________
4. Air and water comprises the ________________ environment.
5. __________________ interact with environment and modify it according to their own convenience.
III CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER.
1. This is not a natural ecosystem. _______________
Desert, Aquarium, Forest
2. Which is not a component of human environment?
Land, Religion, Community
3. Which is a threat to environment?
Growing plants, Growing population, Growing crops
4. The domain of water
Atmosphere, Lithosphere, Hydrosphere
5. Every year World Environment Day is celebrated on
5th June 5th October 15th June
IV ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 2 POINTS:
1 Define Environment.
2 What is atmosphere? How is it constituted?
V ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 3 POINTS:
3 How is environment important to us?
4. How is atmosphere important to us?
VII ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN FOUR POINTS:
5. Give reasons: Man modifies his environment.
6. Give reasons: Plants and animals depend on each other.
7. What is Lithosphere? How is it important to us?
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science Environment Worksheet