EIGHTEENTH CENTURY POLITICAL FORMATIONS
I. FILL IN THE BLANKS:
1. Emperor Aurangzeb had depleted the military and financial resources of his empire by fighting a long war in the __________________.
2. As the ________________ consolidated their control over the provinces, the revenue to the capital declined.
3. It became increasingly difficult for the later Mughal emperors to keep a check on their powerful ______________________
4. Asaf Jah was one of the most powerful members at the court of the Mughal emperor, ___________________________.
5. The ambitions of Asaf Jah to control the rich textile – producing areas of Coromandel coast was checked by the ___________________
6. ___________________ was a prosperous region, with rich alluvial Ganga plain and the main trade route between North India and ______________________-.
7. ____________________________ founded his new capital at Jaipur.
8. Under ____________________________ leadership the Khalsa rose in revolt against the Mughal authority in 1708.
9. Guru Gobind Singh had inspired the __________________ with the belief that their destiny was to rule.
10.After Shivaji’s death, the Maratha state was wielded by a family of Chitpavan Brahmins, who served Shivaji’s successors as _________________.
11. The Jats were prosperous ____________________________.
12. The silk produced in ____________________ region found a new outlet in Poona.
13. Under the Jat ruler,_______________________, the kingdom of Bharatpur emerged as a strong State.
II. NAME THE FOLLOWING:
1. He sacked and plundered the city of Delhi in 1739 and took away immense amount of wealth including the Peacock throne.___________________________
2. The two group of powerful nobles who came up into power during the period of later Mughals.__________________________________
3. The Afghan ruler who invaded North India five times between 1748 and 8/97\1761._____________________________
4. The three states carved out of Mughal provinces in the 18th century._____________________________________________
5. The founder of the Hyderabad State._____________________________
6. The revenue farmers.____________________
7. During his reign, the banking house of Jagath Seth became extremely popular.________________________
8. The Grand Army or the combined forces of the Sikh._____________________
9. He reunited the Sikhs and established his capital at Lahore in 1799._____________________
10. A band of Sikh warriors.___________________
III. MATCH THE FOLLOWING:
1. Saadat Khan a. Maratha warrior family
2. Desmukh b. Bengal
3. Kunbis c. Awadh
4. Murshid Quli Khan d. Hyderabad
5. Peshwa e. Peasant warriors
6. Asaf Jah f. Chief minister
IV. OBSERVE THE GIVEN PICTURES AND FILL IN THE BLANKS:
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science 18th Century Political Formations Worksheet Set A