THE MUGHAL EMPIRE
I. FILLIN THE BLANKS:
1. The Mughals were the descendants of _______________________ from their mother’s side and the successors of _____________ from their father’s side.
2. In 1526, Babur defeated the Sultan of Delhi, ________________________ at Panipat.
3. The powerful balance between defeating but not _________________ opponents enabled the Mughals to extend influence over many kings.
4. Those who joined Mughal service were enrolled as _______________________
5. Mehrunnisa married the Emperor Jahangir in1611 and received the title, ___________________
6. Akbar’s principle of governance based on the idea of Sulh-i-Kul was followed by ___________ and __________________________ .
7. The ______________________ Rajputs refused to accept the Mughal authority for a long time.
8. _____________________________ defeated Humayun at Chausa and Kanauj forcing him to flee to Iran.
9. The main source of income available to the Mughal rule was tax on produce of the _________________________.
II. NAME THE FOLLOWING:
1. The author of Akbarnama. ___________
2. He was the revenue minister of Emperor Akbar.________________
3. An individual who is intolerant of another person’s religious beliefs or culture. ________________________________
4. Akbar’s idea of universal peace. _____________________
5. This book gives rich statistical details about things as diverse as crops, yields, prices, wages and revenues.____________________
III. OBSERVE THE PICTURES AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS:
IV. ANSWER IN TWO POINTS:
1. Why did the Mughals emphasize their Timurid and not their Mongol descent?
2. What was the Mughal tradition of succession?
V. ANSWER IN THREE POINTS:
3. Write about the Zabt revenue system introduced by Akbar’s revenue minister, Raja Todar Mal
VI. ANSWER IN FOUR POINTS:
4. Write about the Mansabdari system introduced by Akbar.
5. How were the debates with the religious scholars important in the formation of Akbar’s ideas on governance?
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science The Mughal Empire Worksheet Set B