THE MUGHAL EMPIRE
I NAME THE FOLLOWING:
1. Author of Akbar Nama - _____________________
2. Financial Officer during Akbar’s reign - ______________
3. A statement or an interpretation declared as authoritative with the expectation that it would be followed without question - ______________
4. An individual who is intolerant of another person’s religious beliefs or culture- ____________________
5. Akbar’s idea of universal peace – __________________
6. Military paymaster – ______________
7. Military commanders - ____________________
8. Town police commander- __________________
9. A Royal order – _________________
10.The residence of the Mughal emperors - _____________________
II FILL IN THE BLANKS :
1. The Mughal emperors celebrated the _____________________pictorially each ruler getting a picture made of ______________ and himself.
2. Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodi in 1526 AD in the__________________
3. ___________________ defeated ________________ at Chausa (1539) and Kanauj (1540) forcing him to flee to Iran
4. The Mughals did not believe in the rule of __________________________, where the eldest son inherited his father’s estate.
5. The term _______________refers to an individual who holds a mansab, meaning a position or rank.
6. The mansabdars received their salaries as revenue assignments called _____________which were somewhat like_______________
7. Akbar’s revenue minister,______________________, carried out a careful survey of crop yields, prices and areas cultivated for a 10 year period.
8. Akbar held discussions with learned individuals of different faiths in the______________________
9. The administrative and military efficiency of the Mughal Empire led to great ___________________and _______________________ prosperity.
10.If ____________ determined a mansabdar’s rank and salary, ________________indicated the number of cavalrymen he was required to maintain.
IV ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN TWO POINTS:
1. Who were the Mughals?
2. The Mughals did not like to be called as Mughals or Mongols. Why?
3. Why did Humayun flee to Iran?
V ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN THREE POINTS:
4. What valuable information do we get from Abul Fazl’s Ain – i – Akbari?
VI ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN FOUR POINTS:
5. Write a short note on Akbar’s mansabdari system.
6. What was Zabt? Who introduced it?
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 7 Social Science The Mughal Empire Worksheet Set A