CBSE Class 8 Social Science Manufacturing Industries Notes. Learning the important concepts is very important for every student to get better marks in examinations. The concepts should be clear which will help in faster learning. The attached concepts made as per NCERT and CBSE pattern will help the student to understand the chapter and score better marks in the examinations.
• Industry : An economic activity that is concerned with production of goods. extraction of minerals or provision of services.
• Manufacturing : The conversion of raw materials into useful commodities.
• Cottage Industry : Industry carried by members of a family in their home.
• Basic Industry : The industry which serves as a base for the growth of other industries.
• Consumer Industry : The industry whose goods are directly used by consumers.
• Industrial Regions or Complexes : Industrial regions or complexes are those areas where Industries cluster together to take advantage of the raw materials available.
• Infrastructure : Development of social and economic structure which forms the basis of overall development
of a country.
• Public Sector Industry : Industry which is controlled by the Government and is run for the welfare of the people.
• Private Sector Industry : Industry owned by individuals or private persons and is run for the motive of gaining money.
• Primary Products : Products obtained from nature directly like agriculture, animal husbandry, mining etc.
• Secondary Products : Products obtained from factory where the primary product is being processed into consumer goods like, cloth, sugar etc.
• Raw Materials : Crude materials or mineral ores which can be processed into a fine product.
• Perishable : Materials which cannot be sustained and are liable to decay or spoilage.
• Synthetic Fibre : Fibre obtained and synthesised from chemicals especially hydrocarbons e.g., nylon, rayon etc.
• Flux : A substance that reduces the melting point of a mixture.
• Infrastructure : Inputs or local facilities required for the establishment and growth of industrial unit.
• Information Technology : A system through which we can store, process and distribute information at great speed with the help of computers, calculators, telephones etc.
• Industrial System. A system in a production unit which comprises inputs, processes and outputs is known as industrial system.
• Industrial Disaster. The miss-happening or disaster occurring at ,industrial level is known .as industrial disaster. This disaster occurs due to technical failure or ill handling of hazardous materials.
• Smelting. Extracting of metals from their ores is known as smelting. The process requires melting point heat.
ON THE BASIS OF CAPITAL INVESTMENT
• Large scale Industry :
1. Employ a large number' of labqurers.
2. Huge investment i.e. lndore than force is involved in large scale industry.
• Small Scale Industry :
1. Industries which are owned and' nui by individuals.
2. Employ a small number of labourers.
3. Small investment i.e. less than 1 crore Rs. are invested.
ON THE BASIS OF RAW MATERIAL
• Heavy Industries :
Industries which use heavy and bulky raw materials and produce products which are heavy and bulky are callee
Heavy Industry. e.g. Iron & steel industry.
• Light Industries :
The light industry uses light raw material and produce light fmished product. e.g., Electric fans, Sewing machines.
Please click the link below to download pdf file for CBSE Class 8 Social Science Manufacturing Industries Notes.