CBSE Class 8 History - The Making Of The National Movement. Learning the important concepts is very important for every student to get better marks in examinations. The concepts should be clear which will help in faster learning. The attached concepts made as per NCERT and CBSE pattern will help the student to understand the chapter and score better marks in the examinations.
THE MAKING OF THE NATIONAL MOVEMENT: 1870s – 1947
Q1. Define nationalism?
Ans. The feeling of oneness and unity among the people of a nation or patriotic feeling, principles and policy of national independence is termed as nationalism.
Q2. What were the factors that led to the rise of national consciousness among the people of India?
Ans. The factors that led to the rise of national consciousness among the people of India were:
· Political associations came into being in the 1870s and 1880s:-
Most of these were led by English –educated professionals such as lawyers. The more important ones were the Poona Servajanik Sabha, the Indian association, the Madras Mahajan Sabha, the Bombay Presidency Association and the Indian National Congress.
· The dissatisfaction with British rule intensified in the 1870s and 1880s. They posted various laws which upset the people of India.
1. The Arms Act was passed in 1878, disallowing Indian from possessing arms.
2. In the same year the Vernacular Press Act was also enacted in an effort to silence those who were critical of the government. The Act allowed government to confiscate the assets of newspapers published anything that was found “objectionable”.
3. In 1883, there was a furor over the attempt by the government to introduce the Albert Bill. The bill provided for the trial of British or European persons by Indians, and sought equality between British and Indian judges in the country. But when white opposition forced the government to withdraw the bill, Indians were enraged.
· The event highlighted the racial attitudes of the British in India.
Q3. When was Indian National Congress formed?
Ans. The Indian National Congress was formed in December, 1885.
Please click the link below to download pdf file for CBSE Class 8 History - The Making Of The National Movement.
Click for more History Study Material ›