1. Name the element which is required for keeping two sub-units of ribosomes together.
2. Define Coenocyte, Syncytium.
3. Name the non-living components of a cell.
4. What are plasmids? Describe their significance.
5. Write a short note on plastids. Are different types of plastids interchangeable? If yes, give examples.
6. Draw well labelled diagram of organelles which are semiautonomous and also give reason. Why are they called so?
7. Match the items of List I and List II.
1. Microbodies contain digestive enzymes
2. Air Vacuoles store & concentrate mineral salts and nutrients.
3. Food vacuoles osmoregulation
4. Contractile vacuoles enzyme for Peroxide Metabolism
5. Sap vacuole store metabolic gases.
8. What are different types of Chromosomes on the basis of position of Centromere.
9. With the help of well labelled diagrams enumerate the differences between flagella and centrosome.
10. Write a short note on fluid mosaic model of plasma membrane.
11. With the help of well labelled diagram explain Prophase I of meiosis I.
12. Comment on the statement “Interphase is the resting stage.”
13. How many ends would a glycogen molecule have?
14. Show how a glycosidic, peptide and a phosphor-diester bond is formed.
15. (a) Name the substance which is commonly called “Animal Starch.”
(b) Where is it stored?
(c) What are its constituents?
(d) How are they linked?
16. What is the difference between nucleotide and nucleoside? Give two examples of each.
17. Explain the mode of action of enzymes.
18. Which part of the human body should one use to demonstrate stages in mitosis?
19. State the role of Centrioles other than spindle formation.
20. Define chiasma, crossing over, homologus chromosomes, synapsis, Bivalent, Tetrad.
21. What are reducing sugars and why are they called so?
22. Write a short note on classification of enzymes.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 11 Biology Revision Assignment Set D