Click below for Class 11 Home Science worksheets, assignments, latest syllabus, ncert cbse books, ncert solutions, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 11 home science chapters, online tests, sample papers and last year solved question papers. Also, download Class 11 Economics Notes in PDF Form.
The detailed syllabus for Home Science Class 11 is as follows:
Introduction: Evolution of the discipline and its relevance to the quality of life
Unit I: Understanding Oneself: Adolescence
A. Sense of self – understanding ‘Who am I’?
B. Characteristics and needs
C. Influences on identity formation
- Biological and physical changes
- Socio-cultural contexts
- Emotional changes
- Cognitive changes
D. Food, nutrition, health and fitness
E. Management of resources - time, money, energy and space
F. Fabric and apparel
G. Media and communication technology
H. Communication skills
I. Living and working in a global society
Unit II: Understanding Family, Community and Society
A. Relationships and interactions with ‘significant others’;
- School - peers and educators
B. Concerns and needs in diverse contexts:
Family, school, community and society
(a) Health, nutrition and hygiene
(b) Activity, work and environment
(c) Resource availability and management
(d) Learning, education and extension
(e) Textile heritage of India
Unit III: Childhood
- Survival, growth and development
- Nutrition, health and wellbeing
- Care and education
- Clothes and apparel
- Children with special needs
- Socio-cultural influences on children
Unit IV: Adulthood
- Health and wellness
- Financial planning and management
- Care and maintenance of fabrics and apparel
- Perspectives in communication
- Individual’s responsibilities and rights.
1. Study of physical self with reference to:
(a) Age, height, weight, hip size, round chest/bust, round waist
(b) Age at menarche: girls
(c) Growth of beard, change in voice: boys
(d) Colour of hair and eyes
2. Understanding oneself with reference to :
(a) Developmental norms
(b) Peers, both male and female
(c) Health status
(d) Garment sizing
3. (a) Record own diet for a day
(b) Evaluate qualitatively for adequacy
4. (a) Record the fabrics and apparel used in a day
(b) Categorise them according to functionality
5. (a) Record one day’s activities relating to time use and work
(b) Prepare a time plan for oneself.
6. (a) Record own emotions for a day in different contexts
(b) Reflect on the “why” of these emotions and ways of handling them
7. List and discuss five messages from print and electronic media which have influenced own self.
8. Collection of information from different regions in India and critical discussion on:
(a) Food practices including food taboos, fasting and festivity preparations
(b) Clothing practices related to rites, rituals and occupation
(c) Childcare practices in early years – gender similarities and differences
(d) Traditional forms of communication including festive and special occasions
9. List and discuss 4-5 areas of agreement and disagreement with:
How would you resolve the disagreements to reach a state of harmony and mutual acceptance?
10. Documentation of a traditional textile art/craft of neighbouring area.
11. Visit to any one programme/institution (Govt. /NGO) for children; observation of activities in the programme and report writing.
Observation of any two children of different ages in the neighbourhood and reporting on their activities and behavior.
12. Construction of Quality Of Life (QOL) and Human Development Index (HDI).
13. Relationship of fibre properties to their usage:
(a) Thermal property and flammability
(b) Moisture absorbency and comfort
14. Study one female adult and one male adult in the age range of 35 to 60 years with reference to:
(a) Health and illness
(b) Physical activity and time management
(c) Diet behavior
(d) Coping with challenges
(e) Media availability and preferences
15. Calculation of nutritive value of foods to identify rich sources of nutrients.
16. Preparation of different healthy snacks for an adolescent suitable in her/his context.
17. Study of labels on:
(b) Drugs and cosmetics
(c) Fabrics and apparel
(d) Consumer durables
18. Observation and recording of group dynamics in different locations/ situations such as:
(e) Recreation areas
19. Analysis of own communication styles and skills.
20. Plan a budget for self for a given situation/ purpose.
21. List five problems faced by self or family as consumer. Suggest solutions to overcome the same.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
Some of the schools in Noida have decided to shut for 3 Days because father of two students in Noida was traced to be infected with the contagious Coronavirus. The internal exams have also been cancelled in those schools after the virus alarm. A 45 year old male who is...
The CBSE board examinations will start from 15 February 2020. The CBSE Board issued admit cards, and all schools start distributing copies of the admit cards. All students should read their admit card details correctly. CBSE admit card details the examination centre,...
The 23rd psychological Counseling starts 1st February (today) for The Class10 and Class12 CBSE students and their parents, by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). This Counseling service is cost-free and this counseling service will be available every...
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Wednesday postponed the board examination of standard XII scheduled for Thursday, that is, on the 27th February 2020 for the areas of north - east Delhi affected by communal riots. The rescheduled date for the exam is...
Due to the increased tension in some parts of Delhi, Delhi government has decided to postpone the CBSE boards exams for class 10 and class 12 in North East Delhi schools only. The dates on which the exams will be scheduled again has not been notified by CBSE till now....
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announced on Saturday, the 29th of February’2020 that the Board examinations for standard X and XII will be executed according to the decided schedule from 2nd March’2020 onwards. This announcement also includes the areas...