CBSE Class 10 Chemistry Worksheet - SA1
Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
Answer the following:
1. What are acids and bases?
2. Name an acid-base indicator prepared at home.
3. Why should water be never added to conc. acid?
4. What are antacids? Give two examples.
5. What effect does the conc. H+ have on the acidic nature of the solution?
6. What is common name of the compound CaOCl2?
7. State the chemical name of Plaster of Paris. Write a chemical equation to show the reaction between POP and water.
8. What is the colour of FeSO4 .7H2O crystals? How does this colour change on heating? Give the balanced chemical equation for the change.
9. Write balanced equations for the reactions:
i) Dilute sulphuric acid reacts with zinc granules.
ii) Dilute hydrochloric acid reacts with magnesium ribbon.
iii) Dilute sulphuric acid reacts with aluminium powder.
Iv) Dilute hudrochloric acid reacts with iron filings.
10. Why does distilled water not conduct electricity where as rain water does?
11. a) What is universal indicator ?
b) Write the chemical equation involved in the preparation of sodium hydroxide. Name the process.
12. A milk man adds a very small amount of baking soda to fresh milk.
a)Why does he shift the Ph of the fresh milk from 6 to slightly alkaline ?
b) What do you expect to observe when the milk comes to a boil?
c) Why does this milk take a long time to set as curd ?
13. What is neutralization reaction? Give two examples.
14. What is pH scale? Given below are the pH values of four liquids.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 10 Chemistry Worksheet - SA1
Click for more Chemistry Study Material ›