CBSE Class XII History - Framing the Constitution. Learning the important concepts is very important for every student to get better marks in examinations. The concepts should be clear which will help in faster learning. The attached concepts made as per NCERT and CBSE pattern will help the student to understand the chapter and score better marks in the examinations.
FRAMING THE CONSTITUTION
THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
Key concepts in nutshell
• The Indian constitution was framed between Dec.1946 & Dec.1949.
• The Indian constitution came into effect on 26th Jan.1950.
• The members of the constituent Assembly were elected on the basis of the provincial elections of 1946.
• The total member of the constituent Assembly were 300.
• Dr.B.R.Ambedkar was the chairman of the Drafting Committee, and played important role in the constituent Assembly.
• on the the 13 Ced.1946 Nehru moved the “Objective Resolution” in the constituent Assembly.
• An interim Government was made under the leadership of Jawaharlal Nehru.
• There was a vigorous debate in the constituent Assembly on the topic of the central Government and the state.
• The language issue was debated for many months within the constituent assembly.
• Mahatma Gandhi believed that every one should talk a language which even common man could be able to understand
QUESTIONS AND ANSWER –
Q.1 Who did move the crucial ‘Objectives Resolution’? 2
Ans. The Crucial Resolution was moved by Jawaharlal Nehru.
Q.2 Why was the new constitution of Independent India introduced on 26 January 1950 ? 2
Ans. Because it was the 20th anniversary of the historical day on which the Congress had declared Complete Independence as its final goal.
Q.3 Which were the two main dissents of the Indian Constitution? 2
Ans. i) Its being written primarily in English.
ii) Requirement of no educational qualification for any of the post enshrined in it.
Q.4 When was the Drafting Committee formed? Who was its chairman? 2
Ans. The Drafting Committee was formed on 29 August 1947. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was its chairman.
Q.5 When and under which scheme the Constituent Assembly was formed ? 2
Ans. The Constituent Assembly was formed in October 1946 as per the Cabinet Mission Scheme.
Q.6 When and under whose Presidentship the first session of all India States People’s Conference was held ? 2
Ans. The first session of all India States People’s Conference was held in 1927 under the presidentship of Diwan Bahadur, M. Ramchan Rai the renowned leader of Ellore.
Q.7 Why did Mahatma Gandhi think Hindustani should be the National language? 5
Ans. By the 1950s, the Congress had accepted that Hindustani ought to be the national language. Mahatma Gandhi felt that every one should speak in a language that common people could easily understand.
Hindustani – a blend of Hindi and Urdu – was a popular language of a large section of the people of India, and it was a composite language enriched by the interaction of diverse cultures. Over the years it had incorporated words and terms from very many different sources, and was therefore understood by people from various regions. This multi – cultural language, Mahatma Gandhi thought would be the ideal language of communication between diverse communities: it could unify Hindus and Muslims, and people of the north and south.
Q8. Why is the Indian constitution acceptable to the Indian people even today? 5
Ans: a) The Indian Constitution is acceptable to all because it was base
Please click the link below to download pdf file for CBSE Class XII History - Framing the Constitution.
Click for more History Study Material ›